DLA to PIP I hate form filling & face to face assessments

hensteeth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This may be a rather silly post and as not all of the criteria has been published yet, not relevant.

But, I hate filling in those dratted froms.

I already have DLA - HRM & MRC, had DLA since 1994.

Looking at the new descriptors it looks like I will get 8 points for mobility and 0 for care.

I will not be 65 until June 2014 so I will be in the first line to be tested!

Anyhow, from what I understand its a bit like ESA, self assessment & an ATOS assessment.

If anything like my ESA claim it will be a disaster. I sent the ESA50 back with no info as I just couldn't be bothered and the face to face assessment ended up in a shambles as it became personal - I just didn't like the guy

When I get the call up, do I have to fill out their form or could I just send it back with a few comments on it? Do I really have to have any evidence? I don't keep anything and refuse to take the medication etc. GP has given up on me and I was discharged a year or two ago by the consultant as I didn't keep any appointments.

Having said all of that I am genuine and have genuine health problems that create care needs and mobility issues.

From what I read, like ESA, the DWP will accept the ATOS assessment anyhow, so that will be another disaster as I hate having to explain things and be made to feel that I am a con artist.

Unlike the ESA assessment, could I take my wife in with me, as with ESA, the assessor refused her to come in saying that he wanted to hear from me and didn't want a third party interupting the proceedings.

Simply put, is it going to be a waste of my time and effort bothering to transfer over next June?

You weren't allowed someone in with you at the WCA??? That's terrible, I thought everyone was entitled to be accompanied by someone...? In which case, I can't answer that question, as the WCAs my ex-husband has attended have allowed me in with him without question!

Unfortunately, the forms have to be filled in somehow by someone. I'm assuming it doesn't have to be the claimant...

Reading through the mobility descriptors, they do seem a bit bizarre. Probably not reading them right, but can't see anything for pain or extreme discomfort when walking. So I might only score 4 for mobility. But if I invest in a walking stick I'll score 10 ... :der:

I get the impression there might be an awful lot of motability cars heading back to whence they came ...

You weren't allowed someone in with you at the WCA??? That's terrible, I thought everyone was entitled to be accompanied by someone...? In which case, I can't answer that question, as the WCAs my ex-husband has attended have allowed me in with him without question!

No, that's what the guy said as soon as I sat down in his office. I asked if my wife could come in.

Then half way through when he asked me to remove my overcoat I asked him if he was being serious. I told him I couldn't manage to put the damn thing on never mind take it off without help. Again I suggested that my wife come in to help me - he told me no not now. Then I asked him if he would help and he said he couldn't. Then everything really went pear shape! He told me he was stopping the assessment as not only had I been unco-operative throughout so far and now I was refusing to have a physical examination. We had a blazing row and I told him what I thought of him. Then walked out and went home.

Not passing the assessment didn't surprise me, I got nil points!

If you want benefits, then you have to fill in the forms.

I realise that, but to what extent do I fill it in?

With the ESA50 I filled in very little, just name address and a few notes. I certainly didn't spend ages like some I have read about have done.

When I claimed DLA there were two forms, I filled in the personal one and the other about needs etc was completed by my CPN at the time. The review I had that moved me up from LRM to HRM was a short form which was completed by my social worker.

I no longer have any dealings with the mental health unit as such as I failed to go to the appointments over the past couple of years.

So there is no one really that can help anymore.

Unfortunately, the forms have to be filled in somehow by someone. I'm assuming it doesn't have to be the claimant...

Reading through the mobility descriptors, they do seem a bit bizarre. Probably not reading them right, but can't see anything for pain or extreme discomfort when walking. So I might only score 4 for mobility. But if I invest in a walking stick I'll score 10 ... :der:

I get the impression there might be an awful lot of motability cars heading back to whence they came ...

Yes I know, but I am useless at putting all of my problems down on paper.

Yes that is why I am thinking of doing away with the DLA altogether when my time comes to move over to PIP.

I have the HRM basically because it is a medical fact that I cannot walk more than 25 metres without having to stop for 10 mins to recover before I move off again. I don't use a stick or whatever as it wouldn't help. I have to wobble like a damn penguin.

Under PIP, with that same problem it wouldn't be enough to get me the higher rate - i would also have to be that mentally ill that I could not work out how to get from one point to another without guidance. Good grief I know where my front door is and I know where my garage is so that's not the problem - it's getting there that is!!

To get the Higher Rate under PIP you will have to be in a wheelchair and still not be able to move more than 50 metres.

My car along with 1000's of others will be going back!

Why they have added mental illness to the equation I don't know. Looking at it, those that do manage to get the higher rate, will either be permanent wheelchair users or those that have significant problems walking, but don't want a wheelchair will not be able to have a driving licence due to severe mental issues.

Finally what annoys me is that because I will be 65 in June 2014 I will never be able to reclaim PIP because I will be too old! So to me (unlike younger people who will have umpteen chances of re-applying) I am going to be a guinea pig with the new benefit and just have one crack at getting it! The DWP have told me that it is quite conceivable that there will be delays, much the same as IB to ESA, and I could well be 67 when I am asked to take the re-assessment.

Edited by hensteeth

Oh dear, I hate tedious form filling as well, it just so gets in the way of my lifestyle, if there was any justice in the world the DWP would jolly well take my word for things and leave form filling for the plebs.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

This may be a rather silly post and as not all of the criteria has been published yet, not relevant.

Simply put, is it going to be a waste of my time and effort bothering to transfer over next June?

DLA

It's the self assessment which is main problem on DLA claims,which is why self assessment is ending and everyone on DLA between 16 and 64 claims will End over a 3 years period and your have to claim PIP

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disability/personal-independence-payment/

Which is going to make it much harder for genuine claimants to get PIP. mad.gif

Oh dear, I hate tedious form filling as well, it just so gets in the way of my lifestyle, if there was any justice in the world the DWP would jolly well take my word for things and leave form filling for the plebs.

Think everyone hates filling in any type of form in !

What do you mean "it just so gets in the way of my lifestyle"

If you don't fill them in or attend a ATOS medical

NO MONEY...

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I get the impression there might be an awful lot of Motability cars heading back to whence they came ...

Me to; according to Motability only those on the enhanced component will keep their cars. The way I read the criteria for PIP any one in a wheelchair or who has difficulty walking will no longer be eligible. Only quadriplegics and those who are completely paralyzed will be entitled to cars. If the testing is carried out fairly most who get HRM will get the new standard rate, but I doubt it will be done fairly, more likely we'll get anther WCA type of debacle.

Always a little hope somewhere ...

Respondents to the consultation repeatedly warned that the government’s plans could breach the Equality Act, the Human Rights Act and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Quoted from: http://wearespartacus.org.uk/spartacus-report/

Always a little hope somewhere ...

Quoted from: http://wearespartacus.org.uk/spartacus-report/

Thanks

I only bothered to read the opening comments:

Only 7% of organisations that took part in the consultation were fully in support of plans to replace DLA with PIP

And what was it that they said - we have listened?

Nothing surprises me anymore, they will do whatever they want to as they know full well that no one can stop them including the House of Lords!

That's it, I have just read that ATOS have been awarded the contract for my area. No doubt they will be refining the LiMA software to fit with the descriptors for PIP.

Given my previous experience of that company, which very closely came to me assaulting the assessor but held back due to his ethnic origin as he would have screamed 'Racist!', I will not be subjecting myself to more torture by applying for PIP.

It would be a waste of my time and energy, of which I have little, to fight them all the way to the Tribunal Service.

Maybe this is what Cameron wants, he may save the money that he has been paying me, but it certainly doesn't change the depth of my needs. They will still exist, but obviously not according to their definition of what a severe disability is.

Ironically, ATOS will once again attempt to re-assess my Support Group status later this year for my ESA claim.

No doubt it will be the same fiasco - I'm even tempted to tell them where to dump that claim as well bearing in mind that I will lose it anyhow in June 2014 when I reach 65.

Maybe I should, then go and present myself at the local AgeUK offices and ask them if they can justify what is happening in this country to the older folk.

Edited by hensteeth

DLA

It's the self assessment which is main problem on DLA claims,which is why self assessment is ending and everyone on DLA between 16 and 64 claims will End over a 3 years period and your have to claim PIP

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disability/personal-independence-payment/

Which is going to make it much harder for genuine claimants to get PIP. mad.gif

Think everyone hates filling in any type of form in !

What do you mean "it just so gets in the way of my lifestyle"

If you don't fill them in or attend a ATOS medical

NO MONEY...

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.