Please help me deal with Welcome Finance!

Superashley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone, first of all, apologies if i am reapeating what has already been posted on here, but im new and its hard to pick out the relevant imformation sometimes, so im posting from my point of view in hopes it will be clearer for me!

Here goes......

I took out a loan with welcome finance around 5 years ago for £1000. I paid them regularly each month, then i borrowed another £500 and continued to pay regularly. Around 3 years ago i asked for the payments to be reduced as i was having some financial problems which they agreed to. After 6 months or so they started calling me over and over and sending letters saying they needed to discuss my account, as they wanted me to increase the payments, i ignored them, but continued to pay, and i also changed my phone number (for other reasons) and did not give them my new one. Then i continued to get a few letters every few months or so which i ignored, this went on for years untill i moved house around 3 months ago.

Last month after a series of mishaps, i had to cancel all my dirct debits including theirs. I have since recieved a letter from them at my new adress (How do they know where i live?) asking me to call. I cant deal with talking to theses kind of people on the phone so i thought i would send a letter asking them to contact me only by post and i would set up the direct debit back to how it was. Before i even had a chance too send it the worst thing happened today. At work someone told me that someone called jenny had called for me, by my full name, they had been calling over and over for 10 mins. When i rang the number back (from withheld lndline) it was answered 'Welcome Finance'. I hung up right away. I find it disgusting and a bit scary that they know where i work even though i have just worked there for 2 months! How dare they! Surely thats not allowed?! I saw the complaint letter template and was going to send it but then i worried that this would be comfirmation for them of my address and work address, as it seems clear to me that they have been looking hard for me, even though i have missed 2 payments of just £73 each! What shoould i do?

Also, i read that anyone with PPI with them should claim it back as if something did happen, the comapny is in such bad financial position that they wouldnt be able to pay it. I took out PPI with them. should i contact them about it or is it a secondry company?

I knwo this is a LONG question but im at my wits end, so thanks in advance for any advice.