Skyrocket Versus Capital One

Skyrocket1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have finally got my data after Sar-ing them and having to threaten them with a little court action after mucking me about.

Totted everything up and did a little reading around on here.

I've had a break from things due to getting married and that kind of took over my life for a while.

But I am back to this with a renewed energy! :-D

So it would appear that Cap One have won a few cases in court recently regarding credit card charges and people claiming Compound interest.

Now the Compound interest at the time of my CC was 34.9% (I actually can't believe I went for a CC with an APR of that but I think that shows my desperate position at the time!)

I'd sooner not go to court especially if they have been winning recently so would I stand a better chance if I just asked for the 8% interest? My charges on their own come to around £700 so with the compound interest this makes it a couple of grand but obviously nothing if I lost!

You can use whatever interest rate you wish.

Cap1 are likely to be difficult with any claim and even if they do make you a goodwill offer they are likely not to offer a refund of anything of £12 since they feel that the OFT guidance is law.

If you want those charges back you need to be prepared to fight and if necessary go to court.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok had a lovely reply already from Cap One saying that the OFT in 2006 said charges of £12 were fair and they are in agreement with the OFT on this. As my charges are all of £12 pretty much they aren't giving me a bean!

I know this isn't what the OFT meant though