Zebra crossing and sneaky traffic warden

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Interesting thing happened this morning. Me and my wife were approaching a zebra crossing and we could clearly see a group of old people showing no signs or interest in crossing it.

So we carried on and crossed it, as we crossed onto the black and white lines a traffic warden very quickly stepped onto the crossing as if to walk into the side of my car. My wife was like WTF and was startled by it.

I look in my rearview mirror and see that hes taking a photo of my car as we drive on.

I now presume i willl get a ticket for failing to stop at zebra crossing. This traffic warden did this on purpose, he didnt stop or give any sign as too wanting to cross, he just jumped out as we were already on the crossing.

Any advice as to how to procceed, can they give me a ticket for this nasty trick he played ?

Hi all, Interesting thing happened this morning. Me and my wife were approaching a zebra crossing and we could clearly see a group of old people showing no signs or interest in crossing it.

So we carried on and crossed it, as we crossed onto the black and white lines a traffic warden very quickly stepped onto the crossing as if to walk into the side of my car. My wife was like WTF and was startled by it.

I look in my rearview mirror and see that hes taking a photo of my car as we drive on.

I now presume i willl get a ticket for failing to stop at zebra crossing. This traffic warden did this on purpose, he didnt stop or give any sign as too wanting to cross, he just jumped out as we were already on the crossing.

Any advice as to how to procceed, can they give me a ticket for this nasty trick he played ?

Well first of all there is no such thing as a traffic warden so i'm assuming you meant a Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO). Is there likely to be any CCTV covering the area? I'm not sure that it would be in a CEO's remit to issue a PCN for this offence although he/she can still report it to the police who may issue an FPN which means you would appeal and have the matter heard in court.

Others may have different opinions.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Sorry yes it was a CEO and there is no CCTV in the area.
Interesting, I don't know about where you are but we still have traffic wardens here as they have the powers to direct traffic etc, similar to a police officer.

We have decriminalised parking so we also have parking attendents, or whatever they're called this week, but they don't have the same powers as the traffic wardens.