Restart Work Program after ESA?

january123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been on the work program for 6 months and have started to feel the re emergence of illness which I have suffered on and off most of my life.

I should have good grounds to ask for a doctors note and begin the esa process until my condition improves or I am told by the gov I am fit for work.

My concern is whether my contract with the work program will be restarted if I spend time on esa and then move back to jsa.

So for instance, if I was put onto esa for 6 months now, I should only have 12 months left on the 2 year "program". My concern is if I recalimed jsa after this 6 months, the contract would begin again and I would restart from scratch with another 2 years to look forward to.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

I think the clock would stop while you're on ESA and resume once you're back on JSA.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

You are contracted for a period of two years from the inital referral, e.g 17/07/12 to 16/07/14. So if you claim another benefit or start work but then reclaim JSA at anytime during that 2 year period you will be referred back until the end of that contract.

Hope this helps.