Maternity Mortgage Break at NRAM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning.

I'm just looking for a bit of advice please. I am due to start maternity leave in October and I have asked NRAM for a maternity break, however they say that I may not qualify because my mortgage is one month in arrears (it was 2 months from losing a second job last year, but I have been regularly paying for almost 12+ months), and I would need to bring it up to date.

I am concerned because although I get an enhanced payment from my employer but I am going to struggle with the payments for Dec - March. I am only taking 6 months from work, and will be returning to normal payments after this.

Any advice on how to challenge or how to meet the payments please?

IT' great that you're already considering your options well in advance, this will hold you in good stead.

Firstly, speak to NRAM and discuss the option of converting your mortgage onto interest only, if only for a temporary period of time. This will reduce the monthly payments and allow you some extra breathing space in terms of your disposable income. More often than not, maternity is acceptable therefore unlikely to come up against any barriers here.

If they are proving to be difficuly then post on the thread and I'll be able to advise on best way forward.

Fingers crossed...