Sigma's tactics as advised by HL Solicitors on the part money claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've rung HL Sigma "solicitors" today in response to the claim form I recently received. It's exactly the same as everyone else's on here. I realise that someone at HL or Sigma could read this and work out my identity but I'm not bothered about that as I only use this name on here for very special purposes.

I recorded my telephone call and advised them of this and also that I do not acknowledge any debt etc and explained that I wished to hold the conversation on a Without Prejudice basis. Once they fully understood what this meant, here's what I asked and they told me but note for ease of use it is not verbatim.

1. Why is the claim for part monies? ANSWER - To keep costs and fees to the minimum

2. If this claim is paid will that be the end of the matter and the alleged debt taken as settled? ANSWER - No, we would expect to arrange a payment plan based on the first claim having been settled.

Thought those in the Sigma boat might find this interesting and helpful when deciding what course of action to take. Personally I will be defending as the alleged agreement in my case is totally unenforceable as it doesn't contain any of the prescribed terms.

• Confused 1

Funky, thats exactly what I think and everyone needs to know this - no-one should pay a single penny of their claim - disgusting behaviour I think. I know we all thought they have got the figures wrong (in my case the claim should be £6500) and thought will pay that until you read "PART AGREEMENT" and then the penny clinks. This should be made a sticky to warn people not to pay anything. Hopefully Sickma will lose out in the end!!!

BTW they have sent two agreements to me - terms and conditions they say were on the back from 1989 (£12 default charge) and is illegible.

I can sense an almighty problem brewing here for HL/Sigma. They've already shown their ineptness at the start of the year by sending what looks like thousands of NoAs to the wrong people. They are flying close to the wind not just ethically but legally with these part claims, showing they are neither the most professional or switched on of operators.

I do believe a perfect storm is now brewing for these fools if we play our cards right. In fact I'm in the mood to go straight for the jugular on this one. I would urge as many people as possible for example, to report the lovely Ms Rhona Lavender to both the Law Society and the SRA, who take a very dim ethical view of these part claim antics. Then when the 'stay on condition of a repayment plan' offers comes, tell them to gently blow said offer out of their bottom and as sillygirl has said on another thread, copy the letter directly to the court pointing out the claimant is trying to get you to admit to a debt outside of a court, as they won't actually in all likelihood be aware of these claims yet [they probably haven't been anywhere near human eyes so far].

[Oh and Rhona darlin' if you're reading this...somehow, I am pretty sure you are... keep an eye on your post love, eh ;)]