Postponing tribunal hearings?

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received notification that my appeal tribunal hearing is scheduled for 02/08/12 I was initially informed that the appeal would most likely not be held before 01/10/12 this has left me in a fix, I have not gathered all the evidence yet, and as it has to be presented to the court 7 days in advance this leaves me just over one week! I am trying to get through to the tribunal service, does anyone know if they will postpone the hearing under the circumstances?

EDIT

I have got through and they have told me to e mail them and ask for a postponement fingers crossed!

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I have just received notification that my appeal tribunal hearing is scheduled for 02/08/12 I was initially informed that the appeal would most likely not be held before 01/10/12 this has left me in a fix, I have not gathered all the evidence yet, and as it has to be presented to the court 7 days in advance this leaves me just over one week! I am trying to get through to the tribunal service, does anyone know if they will postpone the hearing under the circumstances?

EDIT

I have got through and they have told me to e mail them and ask for a postponement fingers crossed!

How long has it been since you sent your appeal in?

Tribunal's are not very helpful in adjourning hearings.

I tried it once on the basis that important evidence was forthcoming - they refused to allow it and told me that it was going ahead.

How long has it been since you sent your appeal in?
February 2012

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

February 2012

5 months ago???

And you still haven't managed to get all of the evidence together?

If the hearing does go ahead, you will have to submit what you have. Telling the Tribunal that they have rushed you by giving a date in July instead of October, in my opinion, won't be considered a viable excuse.

You can only do what you can do.

However, most people start their search for evidence when the appeal is lodged giving them ample time to fine tune what will be sent in.

Good luck

From the original posting I gathered that as you were under the impression that the hearing was not going ahead until at least October you have not felt it necessary to pressue people for the necessary evidence. Is that the case?

I would hope that they understand that changing the information they give you at such short notice could have that effect.:|

From the original posting I gathered that as you were under the impression that the hearing was not going ahead until at least October you have not felt it necessary to pressue people for the necessary evidence. Is that the case?
Yes pretty much, I thought I had more time, my GP is having problems finding a key part of my med history from way back, it seems to have gone missing when I moved and changed doctors three years ago, unfortunately I don't have a GP that knows me well so I am relying on whoever I get when I phone for an appointment, it's not an ideal situation having to explain everything on each visit.

Oh well, it's my fault for leaving things, the earliest appointment I could get with a GP was for next Thursday which gives me ten working days til the tribunal, no chance methinks.

Have you told them about the missing files and are they relevant to the original benefits decision in any real and material way?

The latter bit is what the TS will be deciding on more than anything. If they think that they are relevant to the decision they may agree to a postponement to allow you time to find them.

Though one tbf!