Citi Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, took out a loan with CTI as they were in 2003. They made us take out PPI which we didn't want so I contacted them this year to say that it was missold. They did not get back to me so took it to FOS and they have just written to us to say that CITI are willing to send us a goodwill offer. However, the FOS did say that they have not looked yet to see if this policy was missold! CITI sent me a letter offering a max refund of £8037, which sounds good but want to check with people on here who know what I should do. CITI say it is a max refund of upto that amount but they want to see the paperwork first! So, is there a chance that they will offer me less? The policy itself was £6189 and it was paid off when we finished the loan in 2004 when we remortgaged. There is small print which says that they PPI premium must be paid in full when the loan is finished early, which it was.

Should I take CITI's offer even though it may be less than the max they have stated. Also, according to FOS guidlelines, they should be adding on interest of 8% for each year so surely I should get the policy premium back plus the extra 8% interest on the premium which would be for 12years. I am really confused and don't know what to do so if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks x

Have you got the loan agreement and a record of the payments you made against the loan?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have got the loan agreement but no record of payments but when we finished the loan due to remortgaging there was still some left over as CITI bunged on loads of charges so we had to take out a smaller loan with them which is now finished.

Can you post up the agreement MINUS ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION

Use this method

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Camera or Mobile phone to get the photo and then as above to convert to PDF.

If not please type up all the figures from the agreement and the date of the agreement

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Date of the agreement was 30/4/2003

Total amount of finance was £36758.07 (this included the insurance premium) was over 240 months and the instalments were £435.20

APR was 16.4% (Rate of interest was 1.10% per month)

The Insurance Premium was £5469.60 with a family cover of £720.00 and only ran for a maximum term of 60 months.

Hope that is the correct information you wanted if not shout. Thanks for looking at this x

Ok

Normally the first repayment is one month after the loan agreement is dated so let's assume that the first repayment was 30th May.

You will need these two spreadsheets

StatIntSheet v101.xls

LoanAnalysis.xls

The first one is the one that you can use to work out what you should expect back.

The total loan was £36758.07 and the PPI premium was £5469.60 making the PPI 14.88% of the total. That means that 14.88% of every repayment you made was for PPI.

The monthly repayment was £435.20 and 14.88% of that is £64.76.

Take the first spreadsheet and list a payment for each month starting with 30/5/03. Stop listing payments when you get to the date the loan was settled by the remortgage.

Take hold of the second spreadsheet and in the three boxes at the top enter the amount of the loan, the monthly repayment and the term. The sheet will calculate the monthly figures for the loan.

Read down the left hand column to the one that shows the number of payments you have made and you will see the balance in the right hand column.

For example of you paid 10 payments, the balance showing after the 10th payment is £36425.23.

Whatever that balance is that you read, 14.88% of it is PPI that you paid off when the loan was settled.

Enter that 14.88% amount into the your other spreadsheet as the final entry. The date would be the date the loan was settled.

In the main spreadsheet, the "claim to" date should be set to today's date.

The spreadsheet will then give you a figure in the top right hand box for what you should broadly expect back.

It comprises the premium paid plus the bank's interest they charged you on the ppi part of the loan plus 8% interest on the payments made.

Edited by ims21

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

No probs.

If you get stuck just shout here :-)

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

You said that you hadn't had an actual offer yet?

If that is the case then I would hold on until we make sure our figures are right.

Also can you post up the spreadsheet please. You can post spreadsheet files using the "go advanced" button.

MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ANY PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS FROM THE SHEET FIRST THOUGH

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

CAn you juts confirm that you didn't get any rebate of PPI when the loan was settled?

What I would do is await the offer so you can see how their offer is made up and that will enable you to check where any differences might lie.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

No we didn't recieve any refund at all from them, this is CITI we are talking about!!! If CITI come back with an offer less than the max they said would we still be able to go to FOS as they have said that if they do not hear from us then they will assume that we have accepted CITI's offer and it has taken us a long time to get this far with the FOS dealing with CITI!

You can always challenge an offer if you think it is incorrect

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Sounds very unfair they are asking you to accept an offer "upto" an amount. I would contact the FOS and say you won't accept an offer unless it is a definate amount and you see the calculations.

We are in a simular position with citi, had the fos letter to say an offer will be forthcoming from citi, but not yet had anything from citi. The letter had the "14 days and we will assume you are happy with this" bit in it. I intend to contact the fos to get them to extend this deadline as we have had nothing from citi yet plus I don't think they should close the case until the customer actually has the dosh in their account.

Ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Thanks aliboby you have summed up how I feel, how can they expect me to accept an offer when it is not a concrete offer? I think I will take it back to FOS, at the end of the day I just don't trust CITI!