BARCLAYS - Fraud via savings account

diem23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

This post is on behalf of a friend and im looking for some advice regarding barclays bank. My friend holds a savings account with barclays, near the end of may her entire balance was wiped out of her account. My friend immeadiately contacted her account holding barclays branch, and was advised that fraud had taken place on her account. She was told that it would take 6 months for barclays to investigate the fraud on her account and plus she would have to wait this time to get her money back. Something doesnt sit right here? Any suggestions/advice appreciated. Thanks

It does NOT take 6 months to perform an investigation. Get a complain in bulletpointing what has happened and what you want achieved. They should come back with a response detailing what they are doing. If you dont get a final response within 8 weeks, take it to the FOS.

6 months investigation time is laughable. Plus since they have stated that fraud occured, i would go to the police immediately.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Diem,

Have a read of the FSA Guide here - https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/consumer_info/know_your_rights_guide.pdf&sa=U&ei=HmP3T_mIAejB0QXrwfGSBw&ved=0CAUQFjAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEo5hxn8w2wTHzXngX9qOmMmqFOfw

On page 17, there's confirmation that the bank has a duty to refund the customer's money without delay unless they can prove that the customer:-

Authorised the transaction or,

Acted fraudulently or,

Acted negligently

I assume YF was only told about the ridiculous delay by phone, so there's nothing in writing. Is that correct?

Write to the bank and draw this Guidance to their attention.

Give them 7 days to make the funds accessible again.

Ask them for compensation for the stress and inconvenience they have caused by their inaccurate advice.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)