CRB Enhanced Disclosure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a record of battery (minor assault)

Using a vehicle without insurance

Making off with payment of petrol

All from juvenile court and i just applied at hospital (BMI Merdian) and lost my job before i started because i thought these went after 5 years, is there anyway to get them removed?

Spent convictions will *always* be on an enhanced, and an enhanced will always be called for when working with vulnerable people - so all hosiptals, schools, etc.

http://www.personnelchecks.co.uk/crb-checks/difference-between-a-basic-standard-enhanced-crb-check/ has a quick guide to the different checks.

You need to look at different kinds of work.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Nice system, so any stupid things u do as a kid can crush your dreams.

Did you declare them on your application?. If applying for a post in a hospital where they are seeking an enhanced CRB, I expect the application will have noted the post was exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders legislation.

If I was an employer, I'd look at the nature of the offences, when they were, and what the applicant has done since, rather than being an absolute bar.

Offences involving dishonesty or violence are likely to pose more of a red flag ..... as would not disclosing a conviction on an application that then showed on the enhanced CRB, if the post was a RofO. 'exempt' one.

Nice system, so any stupid things u do as a kid can crush your dreams.

Yes, cannot tell you any different. It's the assault that'll be the big problem. Find another type of work. Harsh, but it's the best advice going.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

This is interesting.

What was the actual post you applied for?

If it wasn't an actual nursing role, it's possible you have been automatically unfairly dismissed for disclosing a spent conviction (that is, if it is in fact spent. Most stay on your record for 7-10 years).

seems really unlikely Becky - disclosure is mentioned on all their adverts, here's one I just pulled..

This Vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Meridian Business Support (Health) who is operating as an employment agency. NHS experience is desirable. Must have experience in domestic cleaning. Experience in food probing and temperature checking is required. Must have a current food and hygiene certificate as you will be helping to prepare and serve food, although your main duties will include domestic cleaning on the wards. Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure. Disclosure expense will be met by applicant. . alternatively you can email your CV to ......

i didn't declare the assault one i didn't even know about it :(

How come you didn't know about it?.

Are you saying the court heard your case in your absence and you weren't aware of the proceedings?