Retail Loss Prevention is running a racket, abusing defamation law, bullying and their clients are hiding behind them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In our epic thread on the Oxford case, the descriptions coming out of the behaviour of senior RLP officials in the court room, well, this current insane behaviour I suppose is not a complete surprise.

None of this particularly sounds like the behaviour of sane people in full control of their faculties, and is certainly not what one would expect from the senior management of a "professional" company.

This all feels like the behaviour of people who know they are completely in the wrong, but instead of trying to find a sensible, reasonable way out, and retaining dignity are digging even deeper holes.

I forget where the thread was, but it was mentioned the Chief Exec of some Council spent a couple of hundred grand of taxpayers money pursuing a legal case he had absolutely no chance of winning, and was told so, but went ahead purely because he was "sure I am morally right on this one" sometimes, in legal issues, people just seem to break down, and go mental, maybe its some sort of mental health condition that can afflict senior business people :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RLP's recent actions (see links above regarding Schillings) appear to me to be a wide ranging and heavy-handed attempt to 'silence' any critiscm, a viewpoint echoed by CAB, certain MP's and many consumer groups and solicitors.

The BBC story is worth reading > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18595023

Andy

Would you mind posting a link to the "epic thread" thanks.

This is probably the main one, but there were other threads after that. All you need to is read down the titles on this page and the previous one of the forum and anything with RLP in the title could well be related.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?343236-Help-with-RLP/page7

My best, HB

Edit, sorry, crossed post with Michael Browne.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I thought I might revive this thread to highlight another example of a firm of libel lawyers being used to suppress free speech and the reporting of consumer issues. This case involved a firm involved in "land banking" and carbon credit sales and which was subsequently shut down by the High Court in the public interest. Before that happened the company hired the firm of Carter Ruck which told freelance journalist Tony Levene he "personally" would be sued if he continued to warn about the company on Twitter and via the net.

To quote an article in the Daily Mirror :-

"Tony was forced to back down and we can only guess how many more people were ripped off as a result of Carter-Ruck's threats. The firm now says: "The partner who dealt with this is no longer at Carter-Ruck," adding: "We have no instructions to respond to your questions."

DBC - is there a link for that quote, please :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I thought I might revive this thread to highlight another example of a firm of libel lawyers being used to suppress free speech and the reporting of consumer issues. This case involved a firm involved in "land banking" and carbon credit sales and which was subsequently shut down by the High Court in the public interest. Before that happened the company hired the firm of Carter Ruck which told freelance journalist Tony Levene he "personally" would be sued if he continued to warn about the company on Twitter and via the net.

To quote an article in the Daily Mirror :-

"Tony was forced to back down and we can only guess how many more people were ripped off as a result of Carter-Ruck's threats. The firm now says: "The partner who dealt with this is no longer at Carter-Ruck," adding: "We have no instructions to respond to your questions."

One would hope that Carter-Ruck could be held responsible for the additional people who were ripped off - but I suppose they wouldn't be. Surely solicitors are responsible for carrying out their clients' instructions - after all, they wouldn't jump off a cliff if their client instructed them to ...