Ended probationary trial period myself

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently ended a probationary trial period myself.

I discussed the reason as to why with HR two weeks prior and stated that I did not approve of the office politics.

After ending my trial period I handed in a Med 3 and self certification to cover myself. (two months).

Do you think this will be the end of the issue or will the company make waves for me, as I am unsure of how much notice I should have given. Fortunatately I had not received a full contract of employment only a brief terms of contract in my offer of employment.

I have no intention of making waves or taking any matters further, just to walk away quietly and put the last three months behind me.

I would hope that would be the end of it, part of the probationary period is also for the employee to see if the job suits.

You should have given a weeks notice by law, but hopefully that won't be an issue. Good luck in finding something more suitable.

Thanks for your reply Becky 2585. I know I should have given some notice but due to the awful experience provided the sick note to cover the notice period.

I would doubt anything would come of it, it would just insure more expense for the employer for no real reason.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Thank you also Ibruk.

I now have peace of mind and will stick to my guns. I do not condone bullying in any shape or form and therefore left the position. Ironically my Line Manager was an inspiring person to work with and could never understand why he had such a high turnover of staff.

He does now!!