camerons latest missive

debt4get
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real reason for this 'announcement' was to get the press off the 'tax breaks' so enjoyed by the more wealthier people in this country...it as getting to close to home for comfort....so come out with this scheme...it detracts us proles and gets us thinking about something else....also the coming strike by hmrc staff as their jobs have been cut..resulting in less tax being able to be collected from these so-called schemes....gissa job dave...i promise to hound these tax evaders to the grave if neccessary...i will leave no stone unturned until i can collect for you every penny they owe..go on dave gissa job?

i really think we should put forward to this govt...that all people receiving unemployment benefit should be made to work at hmrc and help with collecting all the billions of unpaid taxes that are fiddled every year...now that is the way to get the unemployed working for their money...and much more cost effective than litter picking....its a win win situation davie boy!!!!

and the best one yet from camerons speech today

Sickness benefit claimants should take steps to improve their health.....

get off your sickbed and prepare for work!!!you lazy good for nothing sick person you....you ought to be ashamed of yourself allowing honest hard working tax paying public to pay for your unfullfilling parasitic lifestyle....excuse me whilst i go and pu&e....

Just to clarify my comment about coming from an affluent family wasnt aimed at anyone, it was a general comment about some people who have it in for people who have been born into a different and more affluent lifestyle.

get a little tired of hearing comments about people being born with silver spoons in their mouths, there will always be those that have more, have an easier life or better job than others, everyone cannot be the same, if we all had the same there would be nothing for anyone who wants to, to aspire to.

I have no idea or opinion on anyone on heres life, status etc and would not presume to make assumptions.

Hope thats cleared up any misunderstanding. :-)

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I have just laughed:

By sending sick people constant ESA50 forms, sending them for assessments and putting them through the appeals process, is just making them worse and delaying a return to work.

Was it ever this bad under IB?

and the best one yet from camerons speech today

get off your sickbed and prepare for work!!!you lazy good for nothing sick person you....you ought to be ashamed of yourself allowing honest hard working tax paying public to pay for your unfullfilling parasitic lifestyle....excuse me whilst i go and pu&e....

maybe he has found out about a miracle cure for for ALL debilitating illnesses like MS and cancer, heart problems, kidney problems etc. He should spend a day as a disabled person and find how hard it is to try and improve our health.

Most of us cannot afford to improve our health because many of the treatments that can help are either banned in this country or are not on the NHS or we are not in the right area to get them.

Its pretty hard to buy the fresh produce in this country to get healthy because it is so expensive and the reason why it is so expensive is because too many cooperatives buy produce out side of this country because its cheaper, so not healthy because it has additives added to keep it fresher longer, which isnt a healthy option and can cause many of the ailments that cause people to be sick in the first place.

So English produce IS expensive and the fresher it is the more its costs because the farmers cannot compete with out side countries, If cooperates started buying in this country the prices would go down.

I could go on but I would lose myself in the self loathing of being so ill.

get a little tired of hearing comments about people being born with silver spoons in their mouths, there will always be those that have more, have an easier life or better job than others, everyone cannot be the same, if we all had the same there would be nothing for anyone who wants to, to aspire to.
Just to bring this into some kind of perspective. Six years ago I worked for the Duke of Westminster's Grosvenor Estates, I was part of a team that maintained his properties in Mayfair and Belgravia.

I did quite a lot of work in Eaton Square which is arguably the most desirable address in London, I saw first hand just what real wealth means in real terms, not figures on a piece of paper and I can tell you that most of the people living in these luxurious surroundings have not the faintest concept of what life is like for 'ordinary' people, loose change to them would feed a needy family for months from Fortnum and Mason.

These are people that not only have no worries for themselves for the rest of their lives also their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren ad infinitum can look forward to the same lifestyle, some of those people are the very ones that are involved in making the decisions that rule our lives, it's not so much jealousy, or sour grapes that made me resent those people, it was the sheer indifference they show to others less fortunate, we don't exist, and if we do we should be seen and not heard, and how dare we ask for a fair crack of the whip, we are there to serve and be quiet about it.

So yes I resent wealth and privilege, not only because it sets people apart, but because it's used as the means to subjugate others, it instills a belief that those who are privileged are superior both morally and intellectually, born to lead so we may follow.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

So yes I resent wealth and privilege, not only because it sets people apart, but because it's used as the means to subjugate others, it instills a belief that those who are privileged are superior both morally and intellectually, born to lead so we may follow.

May I make a slight edit to the end of that, to "born to rule and we must obey"

Guest amianne
I can imagine that Cameron has just lost votes from the 18 to 25's now, so thats the disabled, the elderly, and the unemployed. I cant imagine he will be voted back in in the next election.

Let's be honest does it really matter?

The 18 to 25's, the disabled, the elderly, and the unemployed would never vote Conservative!

But what he is doing is to improve his ratings with those that would! Simple politics. No point in trying to win over your opponents with arguments that they will never accept, much better to bring together those that you know will be with you and along the way make the opponents look like idiots.

Who wants to agree with an idiot?

Guest amianne

There is nothing new about that. You only have to look back over the past 1000 years to see that that is and will always be the way.

The master of the 'big house' was always accepted as being superior. He was the one who became a judge, an MP.

Those under him paid him a rent so that they could have a bit of land in order that they could produce food to feed their family.

The coal miners and steel workers of the 17th & 18 th centuries who were paid tokens for their toil only to find that they could only exchange them for food in shops owned by their employer.

But what he is doing is to improve his ratings with those that would! Simple politics. No point in trying to win over your opponents with arguments that they will never accept, much better to bring together those that you know will be with you and along the way make the opponents look like idiots.

I disagree that there is "no point" in trying to win over your opponents with arguments. In fact, my contention is that the entire point of politics is to win over your opponents with arguments. As to whether or not those people will accept your arguments? How could you possibly know that until you actually make them?

The main reason Cameron is playing a dangerous game here is not that there's a whole bunch of under 25s and disabled people who would have voted for him who will now vote against him. It's that there's a lot of under 25s and disabled people who may now vote against him who previously wouldn't have voted at all.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Let's be honest does it really matter?

The 18 to 25's, the disabled, the elderly, and the unemployed would never vote Conservative! ...

You think? When I was 18 to 25 I voted Conservative. When I was unemployed I voted Conservative. When I first became disabled I voted Conservative. I haven't got to the elderly bit yet mind.

With their muddled thinking and knee-jerk reactions they have lost my vote. Yes, really, a life long Conservative very peed off with the Tories. And guess what? I'm not the only one ...

i really think we should put forward to this govt...that all people receiving unemployment benefit should be made to work at hmrc and help with collecting all the billions of unpaid taxes that are fiddled every year...now that is the way to get the unemployed working for their money...and much more cost effective than litter picking....its a win win situation davie boy!!!!

D4get, you're normally right on the money, but don't think Cameron and his mates would like their missing unpaid tax collected/or legal avoidance schemes nailed down..

And if he decided to take up your suggestion looking for the odd missing million ,not the corporate companies or billionaires, he'd no doubt award a nice fat private contract to one of his many wealthy mates. Who can then create more of these part time short term NMW jobs (adding to burgeoning Tax Credits needed for families to meet basic living costs) or indeed use the new forced unpaid labour from his new Back to ~Work scheme.

Meanwhile his mate the CEO can rips the a**e out of the public purse yet again, before moving on to the next lucrative outsoucing contract Cameron can think up.

The NMW is paid in the multi-national retail stores, but they do not even want to pay people the NMW if they could get away with it. Staff working in the very large retailers end up working for nothing to keep their jobs, this is Cameron and his millionaire’s cabinet world. You know, in these so called supposed to be good employer supermarkets they make search on their staff throughout the day to see if they are stealing from the store, staff have to take of their shoes to see if they have gotten anything hidden in their shoes. How demeaning is that for you. CCTV on staff continuously is not enough they get manager to search staff throughout their day. I was appalled when that happened to me I thought I was in prison. Some employees have been asked to pull-up their top for inspections. On the employment thread this has been posts on the about kind of abuse to staff on NMW.

Edited by bonnygirl

There is nothing new about that. You only have to look back over the past 1000 years to see that that is and will always be the way.
Where did I mention new in my post? And to presuppose that this will always be the status quo shows a blithe acceptance of one persons superiority based on wealth and tradition.

The Grosvenor's of this world received their lands and wealth as reward for assisting William I on the 14th Oct 1066, it's about time we took back what the Norman usurpers stole from us in the first place, the only difference between Grosvenor's ancestors and mine is that he was Norman had a bigger army and got to the goodies first.

On a more serious note, I for one hugely resent being 'ruled' by a German (The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) whose family decided to change their name to Windsor to be more 'English', the French had the best idea, off with their heads!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

On a more serious note, I for one hugely resent being 'ruled' by a German (The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) whose family decided to change their name to Windsor to be more 'English', the French had the best idea, off with their heads!

:lol:

our queen is a goth??!!

how cool is that

gothsavethequeen.jpg

We dont know if the person you are referring to is from an affluent family as this particilar poster has a father who is in receipt of DLA, a mother who refuses to see a doctor but would like to receive Attendance Allowance and the poster who is in receipt of benefits.

I dont think it matters what class someone comes from, if they are entitled to benefits they are entitled and should therefore claim them.

With regards to David Cameron, he will be kicked out of office long before this nonsense he is suggesting gets anywhere.

JB

I most certainly agree with the final statement, it is for this reason that tories rush through such policy without looking at the long term implications. In making this statement I should add that I have been fortunate in as much as I have never needed to claim benefit and to SOME EXTENT agree that reform is needed. However, there needs to be a balance between what is fair and reasonable and a policy that will merely create poverty. I am not sure that tories have the capabilty of striking such a balance. There again I may be slightly biased as I am Scottish and we DON'T DO TORIES.

Well It's started. :(

Outrage and shock after man sets himself on fire outside Birmingham job centre

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/birmingham-news/2012/06/29/reaction-outrage-and-shock-after-man-sets-himself-on-fire-outside-birmingham-job-centre-97319-31288482/

How many more people will be driven to such desperate measures?