Statement sent to wrong address - Derbyshire Building Society

kevvyast
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im hoping someone can give me some advice please after 2 days of arguements with a ex

I have recently had my Derbyshire Building Society statement sent to a wrong address which unfortunately was a ex and my childs mum.

I havent lived with this person for 9 years and have had at least 6 previous addresses. I use this account frequently and the last thing I need is for this ex to have any information and also me being accused of using her address!

I changed my address in may and have received a statement to my address on the 29th May. My ex has recieved my annual statement dated June!!

How can they send it to her address, I have never lived there and have no connection besides my son with her!!

In all honesty I am fuming and just when things had calmed down between us this as flared up big time!

I dont see how they can send it to her of all people and if hadnt seen it with my own eyes wouldnt of believed her. I had to have ID to even change my address so how the hell can it be changed without this?

Pls Help before I go in all guns blazing

:mad2:

Hi kev

Welcome to CAG

If you have given the Building Society the correct address and they have in error sent a statement to a previous address, then it's against Principle 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/the_principles.aspx

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/principle_7.aspx

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Hi

thankyou for your advice.

I have just come back from seeing the manager at my local branch.

Apparently there as been a number of statements sent to the wrong address. However she showed me all previous addresses which didnt match the one it went to as I have never lived there. We split up 9 years ago and there is no financial link between us and my ex doesnt have a account with them and as never been listed on mine.

So I cant see how this can be a random cock up!!

They are going to investigate which apparently will take upto 5 days for the Head office to do. I got them to ring my ex explaining that nothing untoward was happening as I've been getting that much grief its untrue!

Will see what their outcome is but this is just to random for me and dont want to let it lie if they come back with that?