Job centre not responding to my letters, what can/should I do?

d3v
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my payslips and a covering letter to the job centre so that my JSA can be un-sanctioned, but have yet to receive a response back from them. According to royal mail tracker, the documents were received by them 7 working days ago.

What should I do now? They are obviously ignoring me to avoid paying me my JSA!

The Jobcentre do not process payments of benefits so all they would do is forward your information on to the benefit centre for processing or DMA if you are asking for a reconsideration.

Unfortunately there is no timescale for this so can't answer that sorry.

Well I was told by my local job centre to send my payslips and covering letter to the Padge Road benefit delivery centre in Nottingham, so I did so, recorded delivery!

I understand that ignoring me would be a way in which they could avoid processing my claim, and would not doubt for a second they are doing just that. What I'd like to know is what recourse is there available for me as like I said it has been 7 working days now.

You haven't sent your infor to the JCP then you sent it directly to the benefit centre, two different offices sorry.

The actual processing time does depend on the individual offices (I know the BC that processes the work that is sent by our offices is currently 10 working days for clearance of post received so it could be roughly the same in your area) , and it is not possible to say what could be holding up the processing. There is a backlog following the recent bank holidays so I know that had a knockon effect at the DWP attached to the JCP office where I work.

I have sent several letters to the St Austell BDC by registered post in the last three weeks and have heard nothing about any of them...they were appeal requests and a formal complaint. You would think they would recognise that when Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery are used it is because important but that is probably not something they know about as I gather they have contractors opening post before they see it.

I really think all BDC are very busy and have no system in place to send even a polite acknowledgement so you know they are not ignoring you.

It is the way it is these days...they chase and bully and penalise when you don't respond as and when they want but you have no way to chase or encourage them with any real chance of success....it is the luck of the draw who you speak to when you ring (if you can even afford the phone calls).:sad:

I don't think the JC or DWP would try to ignore somebody in the hope that they don't have to pay them. You could try phoning them, the numbers on all the correspondence. My BDC is usually quite helpful ...

The Padge Road BDC number is constantly engaged. When I say constantly I'm talking 24/7 every day of the week. The only way to communicate with this particular BDC is by post.

Ttelling me d3v ,ive also had problems trying to get through to padge rd nottingham number,they always put you on hold,i have run up a lot of money on my mobile trying to talk with them,havent a home phone...good luck anyway ..

Although sending post by registered or recorded delivery ensures that the royal mail tracking can be used it does not mean that the item of post is processed before any other mail received.

Everything is dealt with in strict date receipt order as no one person can be treated any more urgently than another.

Well, I can't argue with that d3v. I'm sure you've considered writing to complain. You could try this chap:

' ...The District Manager for the Nottinghamshire area is Graham Sheppard and he can be contacted at Jobcentre Plus, Padge Road, Nottingham NG80 8AW. ...'

Hope it all sorts itself out ...

What should I do now? They are obviously ignoring me to avoid paying me my JSA!

They are absolutely, 100% certainly, not doing that. From the point of view of DWP staff, it's a whole lot easier to pay you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Although sending post by registered or recorded delivery ensures that the royal mail tracking can be used it does not mean that the item of post is processed before any other mail received.

Everything is dealt with in strict date receipt order as no one person can be treated any more urgently than another.

I wasnt thinking that sending by registered or recorded would be treated any quicker only that maybe if there are significant backlogs (it has been weeks since I sent the first letter) a standard acknowledgment with rough timescales would stop calls from people chasing and reassure them that their letter is being dealt with....eventually....

I sent registered because there was a time limit and I have learned to my cost that Recorded does not guarantee delivery at any reasonable speed...28 days I believe....

Post comes in and is dealt with in date order if possible, ifs its recorded or special this has no effect it will get treated the same.

It would be impossible to acknowledge every piece of post that comes in or the timescale involved to process that piece of post.

At one point original docs eg wage slip were photocopied by the AAs and returned but cut backs have stopped this, so everything has to sit there until actioned.

VIP documents bank books etc, are still classed as valuables, they are photocopied and returned.

Its like a merry go round :) less staff, more post, builds up causing a backlog , people ring to chase, so more staff on memos to answer the calls and action the queries.

Less then to do the outstanding post

Which is why I said it may be worth standard acknowledgements being sent on all in the backlog..it may reduce the phone calls, especially if the letter says that calls about delays will not mean priority treatment.

..it happened when I worked and we had a three month backlog on complaint related post (I was a complaint investigator)....then we also had to "ring fence" the backlog and deal with new and old equally as we found a lot of the items were letters chasing earlier letters and not matched up or adding to what we had already...thus what had been making a bigger and longer backlog could be matched with the earlier post and it cleared more than had been expected. Also sorting into quick and complex helped....

It is certainly not going to help anyone as it is now is it?

Hi guys here's the conclusion.

I performed a rapid reclaim nearly 3 weeks ago, then the following day I sent all my payslips and a well-written covering letter to the Nottingham benefits delivery depot and just today I have now got nearly £450 in the bank so I'm very happy indeed.

I have another question, though. Before they closed my previous JSA claim I was on A4E, does this contract still stand even though I'm effectively on a new (rapid reclaim) claim now?

You will sooon be contacted by the Work Programme Providers you are contracted to them for a period of 2 years so even if you found work and signed off for 18 months then ended up reclaiming JSA you would be referred back to them for the remaining period of the 2 years iygwim?

Guest amianne
Hi guys here's the conclusion.

I performed a rapid reclaim nearly 3 weeks ago, then the following day I sent all my payslips and a well-written covering letter to the Nottingham benefits delivery depot and just today I have now got nearly £450 in the bank so I'm very happy indeed.

I have another question, though. Before they closed my previous JSA claim I was on A4E, does this contract still stand even though I'm effectively on a new (rapid reclaim) claim now?

Hey that is a record!

It's a good job that you aren't claiming Pension Credit - they take on average 8/12 weeks before they agree anything, that's if they don't lose any of the documents which is quite common. However I know of one claim that was made in late 2009 and by early 2011 it was still not finalised with the addition of housing costs!! The bank didn't give the Pension Service the necessary information until Feb 2011 despite being asked for it in Nov 2009.

If you telephone them to get an update, they are instructed to tell you that there is nothing on their records - it is with the 'New Claims Department' and they will offer to send an email asking them to contact you within 10 working days (never happens I might add). Push it, and you will be asked if you are able to get hold of any money from anywhere. If you say that you can then they will tell you to wait like everyone else. Tell them that you aren't and don't have a penny to your name, they will ring the New Claims Department to find out what is happening and generally come back with the comment 'Yes your claim is there and it is being dealt with'.

Hey that is a record!

It's a good job that you aren't claiming Pension Credit - they take on average 8/12 weeks before they agree anything, that's if they don't lose any of the documents which is quite common. However I know of one claim that was made in late 2009 and by early 2011 it was still not finalised with the addition of housing costs!! The bank didn't give the Pension Service the necessary information until Feb 2011 despite being asked for it in Nov 2009.

If you telephone them to get an update, they are instructed to tell you that there is nothing on their records - it is with the 'New Claims Department' and they will offer to send an email asking them to contact you within 10 working days (never happens I might add). Push it, and you will be asked if you are able to get hold of any money from anywhere. If you say that you can then they will tell you to wait like everyone else. Tell them that you aren't and don't have a penny to your name, they will ring the New Claims Department to find out what is happening and generally come back with the comment 'Yes your claim is there and it is being dealt with'.

Good tip thanks. I'm always wanting to know these little tricks and tips, haha.

Edited by antone
Fixed quote tags

Amianne, when you speak to the contact centre and a call back is necessary they use HOTT which automatically is sent to the relevant processing office and they have to clear that enquiry within 3 hours or contact to advise if tee will still be any further delay for what ever reason, if I missed a 3 hour call back (and I don't work for the BC but as a customer service officer within JCP) I get hauled over hot coals!

The statement you made is not true about saying that emails are not sent, we frequently receive e-mails originally meant for an different office where the offices are simiar named ones but we simply notify the originating sender that they sent to the wrong office and we also forward to the correct office.