Automatic removal of Defaults?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks for the great advice so far...

Defaults that are your credit file, are they supposed to come off yourcredit file automatically after the 6 years, or do you have request the creditagency to do it?

The reason I ask, is that on my file there are 'some' defaults, but theirdefault dates are pass the six years point...

Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks for the great advice so far...

Defaults that are your credit file, are they supposed to come off yourcredit file automatically after the 6 years, or do you have request the creditagency to do it?

The reason I ask, is that on my file there are 'some' defaults, but theirdefault dates are pass the six years point...

Thanks

Hi there. Yes, they should drop off automatically on the 6year anniversary but this does not always happen due to system failures and ak of updates - I would drop them a quick line and ask them to remove them - bare in mind that you can mak a Cain against a CRA if they are holding information on you after the 6 year period which is affecting you.

What exactly is the 6 year rule? The reason I ask is I thought you weren't liable after 6 years but I have a car loan debt that has been sold on to another company who are still pursuing it. The car was "handed back" around 10 years ago but I can't remember the detail, i.e. whether I handed the car keys back or they repossessed it.

I also have a smaller credit card debt that again was sold on to a debt collection company who are still chasing me, that's well over six years old too.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Hi

Sounds like both these debts are Statute Barred.

SB happens when no payment nor acknowledgement of a debt is made in the preceeding 6 years (or 5 years in Scotland)

Until you tell them that no payment will be forthcoming, they can continue to chase so send them the SB letter in the library. (Recorded Delivery of course)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks, I've just read that letter. So in otherwords if I haven't made a payment or responded to them in six years (I haven't, I make a point of NEVER contating DCA's) they have no legal claim to the debt?

Hi there. Yes, they should drop off automatically on the 6year anniversary but this does not always happen due to system failures and ak of updates - I would drop them a quick line and ask them to remove them - bare in mind that you can mak a Cain against a CRA if they are holding information on you after the 6 year period which is affecting you.

Thanks Erimus1 - I have contacted the CRAs informing them to correct the details.

Thanks, I've just read that letter. So in otherwords if I haven't made a payment or responded to them in six years (I haven't, I make a point of NEVER contating DCA's) they have no legal claim to the debt?

Correct :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you, vey much appreciated. Sorry for hijacking the thread but the subject was so closely linked it seemed pointless to start a different one.