Capquest Debt Recovery.

Bombaymix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section.

I have been paying capquest since 2007

I've just recently made my final payment and at last, I have a zero balance with them.

They sent me a statement of all account activity since 2005. I didn't start making payments until 2007.

Looking back at this statement it appears that from 2005 my balance increased monthly by £20.99 until I started making payments. Looks like the original balance was £2100 but by the time I started making payments it had increased to £2523.

Were they allowed to charge all these extra payments? I not, am I able to write to them and tell them I want it back?

The debt originally was from Natwest and I never disputed it, I knew the debt was mine and added it to my DMP and paid it. Debt was for unauthorised over draft.

Any ideas on any course of action? I'm trying to fight back a little now after paying my debts off over the last 6 years.

Regrds

BM

It never rains but it pours...

Hi

Now, this is just opinion, not based on any fact whatsoever :-)

As this was an overdraft, once the debt was sold, Capquest would have needed the terms and conditions of the original bank to continue adding interest. If that particular term was not in the T's&C's then I don't think they should have added interest.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE