Credit Resolution Services.

djcuts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, RD is not needed for every letter. In fact, I'd only use it for initial contact or something like a cancellation letter.

Use normal post or, cheaper still, email them if you prefer.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

I have not heard anything back since I sent that letter (as per #74) on the 7th.

I suppose it's too early to start making assumptions, such as they have given up.......

I guess now I posted this, I will have a letter waiting for me when I get home :-)

I'll let you know if / when I hear anything more.

Regards

Yes, too early to assume they've decided to leave this.

Let us know .................. :-D

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick.

Lo and behold, they have got back to me, with something that looks to me like no proper response to my last letter, but another begging letter designed to look like they are trying to me a favor......

Let me know your thoughts on this latest correspondence, which I have attached.

Regards

DJC :)

Hi DJ,

Ignore this entirely.

:-D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they certainly score points for their friendly and reasonable approach.

However, IGNORE !

Hi Slick.

I have now had an email form them:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXX,

Creditor: Credit Resolutions Services

Reference: XXXXXXXXXX

PLEASE CONTACT US

We have been trying to contact you recently without success.

Our records show that there is still an outstanding matter of unpaid Gym Membership Fees owed to Harlands.

To resolve this issue please visit http://www.equidebt.co.uk to make a payment or alternatively call Equidebt Limited on 0800 032 4280 between 8.00am - 8.00pm Mon – Fri and 9.00am - 5.00pm on Sat.

Yours sincerely,

Equidebt Limited

WHEN LEAVING MESSAGES WE MAY REFER TO OURSELVES AS EQL

Confidentiality: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s) and may also be legally privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, or have received this email in error, please do not read the contents of the email or open attachments, notify the sender or email admin@equidebt.co.uk immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this e-mail or its attachments. Security Warning: Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus free. Except to the extent Equidebt may not exclude its liability under law, Equidebt Limited does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses. Monitoring: Replies to this e-mail may be monitored by Equidebt Limited for operational or business reasons, within the scope of the law. Opinions: Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of Equidebt Limited or is personal to the sender is not given or endorsed by Equidebt Limited. Information: Equidebt Limited. Registered in England and Wales (registered no. 2686796). Registered Office: Equity House, Ettington Road, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire, CV35 9GA **

I am thinking of replying to them as so:

Dear EQL

As a company who seems to place such an emphasis on not ignoring your correspondence, you seem to not follow your example and choose to completely ignore mine.

Therefore I have attached a copy of the letter sent on the 7th of January 2013 which states :

"I refer to your letter dated 29th November 2012.

If you require anything regarding the dispute, get it from the gym or CRS. I will not communicate with you further.

When writing to either of them, perhaps you can remind them that I will not pay either of them a penny.

They should stop wasting everyone’s' time and either take court action or drop the matter."

Please do not choose to ignore this again. Whenever you feel like sending me another letter or email, please read the above again, as this stance will NOT have changed and will not no matter how many more letters or emails you decide to waste your time sending.

This will be the last time I respond to any of your emails or letters.

Goodbye

Regards

What do you think?

Regards

Longer than what I'd send, but yours will do fine.

:-)

Hi DJC,

I strongly suspect you already know my thoughts. :wink:

However, for the sake of completeness and for those reading your thread who may not know ..............

IGNORE !!

:-D

• 1 month later...

Hi Slick.

Been a over a month since I had the last letter, which I ignored :)

I am now coming to a point where I will be moving house soon.

Do you think I should inform them of my change of address if I do not set up any kind of mail forwarding with the post office?

"If you wish to send any more letters for me to ignore, please do so to my new address......"

Or just forget about it?

Regards

DJC

Hi DJ,

Send them a new address notice.

If they read here that you're moving, they could take court action using the old address which would be uncontested and they'd win a CCJ by default.

Although this is highly unlikely, it's not worth taking the risk.

If they write more dumb letters because you've contacted them, you can always ignore them again.

• 5 months later...

Hi Slick.

Been a while. I have now moved from my old address.

In order to prevent them deciding to send letters to my above address in order to obtain a CCJ by default, as you have mentioned above, I have sent e mails in reply to the some of the original mails I received from CRS and Equidebt. The addresses the replies went to are:

Messages@equidebt.co.uk

collections@creditresolution.co.uk

The mails simply stated:

"Hi

Please note that my address has now changed to:

****New Address Here********

If you wish to send any more letters to be completely ignored by myself, please send them to this address.

Regards

Mr X."

The last letter I received was on the 18th of February, so nearly 7 months have passed, so i am guessing that they have FINALLY got the message and given up. However I will see if my change of address mail sparks them into any desperate attempt to try and demand money from me

I'll let you know :)

Regards

DJC

Edited by ims21

Edit your name out of your post.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Edit your name out of your post.

Done :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Hi DJ,

Good move ! If they contact you in response, you have proof that they have your new address so any CCJ obtained improperly should be Set Aside on appeal.

However, if you get no reply, you have nothing to prove that you supplied the new address.

Accordingly, if you get no acknowledgement to your email within 14 days, send them a letter using RM Signed For delivery, confirming your new address.

Personally, I would leave out the bit about letters being ignored as it's unnecessary.

Hi Slick

Thanks for that.

So even though I can prove from my email that the mail was sent from my account, to their address, if they do not reply then it means it is not proof I have sent them my change of address?

Regards

I would rather have proof that they received the letter.

If they reply to your email, that will suffice.

If they don't, they could say no such email was received by them. Hence my suggestion that you send a Signed For letter.

If you don't want to waste the extra postage on them, just get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO when you send the letter.

Interesting development with Harlands and the OFT - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?402937-LA-Fitness-Harlands-Dave-Whelan-Sports-(DWS)-Agree-to-easier-cancellation-rights-with-The-OFT(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Keep us posted re your case.

• 1 month later...

Hi Slick.

Only just read your post about Harlands and the OFT.Good news :)

I have now had a response to my change of address email.

Let me know what you think to the attached, looks like one person left and the previous correspondence has magically disappeared. Surely this whole lot should be in their files!!!!!

Regards

DJC :)

Hi DJC,

You'd think they'd be too embarrassed to follow your case up in this manner, after so long.

I suggest something like this to CRS :-

Dear Mr Castle,

I refer to your letter of 18th October.

If Harlands/CRS had the desire to resolve this case, you should have done so many months back. Last contact from you was 18th February this year so you have left this for over 8 months.

Furthermore, in your letter you now refer to matters that took place in December 2011, almost 2 years back.

Everything that Harlands ever needed was on-file and I am not now minded to assist you in any way. In fact, if you contact me once more, as Harlands, CRS or Equidebt, I will make a further report to The OFT and I will take court action myself against your client gym and yourselves. My action will be to seek damages from you for harassment and to ensure that you are not able to bother me further.

Yours sincerely,