Comet - Faulty PC

jrfriend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an HP Pavilion P6 desktop from Comet just before Xmas. About a month ago it would no longer switch on, it just beeped a few times. After spending a while on the phone with HP it went to them for repair and they had to replace the processor. This took approx 2 weeks. When it came back from them the DVI (digital) output from the PC to the monitor no longer worked, only the VGA connection worked. The DVI was working fine before it went to HP. The monitor and DVI cable work fine with other PC's. I have been back on the phone with HP and they have confirmed it needs repair again and I should send it in.

I asked HP about getting a refund and they told me I had to speak to Comet. I spoke to Comet about this (Multimedia Customer services) and they say I have to go to the store I bought it from, get them to escalate this with the HP repair agent (whoever they are!), and only they can authorise a write off number, or RMA, which would allow me to get a refund or credit note.

I feel I am just being given the run around between HP and Comet. I just want to get rid of this PC as I have no confidence in it, I think it is a inherently faulty.

Has anyone got any ideas for the best way to resolve this please?

Many thanks

:-x

Hi jr

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Bob Darke, Managing Director

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been created.