MBNA Charges as a result of PPI inflating balance***Success Claim Won ***

Guest alan703
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The interest in restitution figure is the interest figure from the spreadsheet. You should specify it in the letter before action rather than leave it out.

Change the references from "Letter Before Claim" to "Letter Before Action".

You don't need information on how much the debt was sold for...even if you did request it they will not provide it.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have received a Notice of Assignment when the debt was sold on. That is all they need to provide.

You won't get the actual value of the transaction...that is regarded as private commercial business.

Guest alan703
You should have received a Notice of Assignment when the debt was sold on. That is all they need to provide.

You won't get the actual value of the transaction...that is regarded as private commercial business.

Pretty sure there is no such document in my subject access request - another piece to inform the ICO - thanks

Yes your lba is good to go subject to the adjustment about interest that I mentioned above.

As regards the NOA, they may well not provide a copy of this and will just need to say that one was provided which seems good enough. There are other threads on this on CAG.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alan703

I sent the LBA 10 days ago. Giving them 14 days to respond because I thought I better appear to be reasonable if it goes to court.

Today I received a standard response courting a NEW reference number and notifying me they will issue a response in 28 DAYS.

I called to verify what the new reference number was, and was informed because my last complaint had been closed, they opened a new one. I politely informed them they have 14 days not 28 days, and that failure to comply will result in my filing my court claim.

So, given that they have 3 days left, and a response looks unlikely, how should I prepare my claim to the court? I'm going to have it ready to send on day 14.

I am going to use the Money Claim On-Line facility. It gives me 1000 characters and the option to forward particulars of the claim to the defendant on a separate cover.

A brief description of my claim would be that they have unlawfully taken mone yfrom me in the form of Credit Card Penalty charges, which did not reflect a genuine pre-estimate of their actual costs they had incurred.

The detailed particulars I would imagine to be the same information that was in the LBA?

Could I include that MBNA did not respond satisfactorily to the LBA, nor did they supply me with the information it asked them to provide me with.

Have a look at Shelley,s thread in the Barclaycard successes forum.

Although different banks will deal with things differently you will find POC there and the full process.

MBNA may not give in before court but that thread will give you some detailed information.

Guest alan703

Right,

I am altering Shelley's POC to suit me, however.

There is a lot of reference to the "Regulations" and Terms and Conditions.

With my SAR, MBNA failed ot provide me with the Terms and Conditions. They say they did - but what they actually gave me was Financial and Related conditions, which clearly state

Set out in paragraphs 1-12 below are some of the provisions contained in Conditions 8 & 9 of the MBNA Credit Card Terms and Conditions. The other conditions refered to in those paragraphs can be found in those Terms and Conditions.

What I have been provided with makes no reference to default charges, which I assume I could find in the document they refer to as MBNA Credit Card Terms and Conditions

Shall I proceed without having the terms and conditions, and assume that all terms and conditions are similar? OR should I point out MBNA have failed to provide these, both in the SAR request and the LBA?

For Schedule 1 can I just attach a copy of the Financial and Related Conditions that MBNA supplied with the SAR - save me typing it out word for word.

I''ve attached what I've done so far - if anyone would care to read and comment please and thanks. I have not finished the Schedules, it is the main body I have done.

MBNA POC.pdf

Edited by alan703

i think that is siteteam only sri.

i'll ask

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest alan703

Thank you - would be very much appreciatedz

I was reading another post that suggests the information I'm looking for - cost of charges, reason I could be charged etc should be on the signed page of the credit agreement.

I just need the correct information on their charges clauses at 1998

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn261/citizenba/MBNA/1998%20MBNA/

I think this link will work.

There are not many documents for 1998 - I will keep this link open for 24 hours.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest alan703

Thank you - The documents do not blow up very well, but from what I can see, they are very similar to the ones I have.

The financial terms and conditions do not mention late payments, exceeded credit limits etc.

Although they mainly rejected my claim due to being older than 6 years, The letter they sent, said that £12 was agreed by OFT blah blah blah.

Pretty irrelevant really, as if they bothered to look at the statements, they would see the charges rise from £18 - £25 between 2001 and 2004, so they can quote £12 all they like.

Do you have any thoughts on my POC so far, and how would you word the bits that make reference to the terms and conditions which I do not posses, and likely nor do they.

Have you read the Harrison v Link judgment ?

Harrison v Link Financial Ltd ALL ER (2011) - 2.pdf

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Mercantile/2011/B3.html

This Judgment dealt with the "terms and conditions" or lack of.

I think you should also be aware of a totally unconnected situation which has just arisen regarding PPI claims.

Whether or not it has any implications for you, you should still be made aware.

From post 18 onwards in the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?322136-Harrison-v-Black-Horse&p=3964726&viewfull=1#post3964726

And another link that is being updated

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?363750-Mis-sold-PPI-appeal-fails-to-reach-Supreme-Court&p=3965075#post3965075

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is from the POC posted earlier.. you appear to have information in respect of B/card.. ??

4. each month you must make a minimum payment. This will be; (a)3% of the statement balance for Initial Visa, First Classic and Classic and 2% of the statement balance for Gold Barclaycard and Barclaycard Platinum or £5 whichever is more; or if the statement balance is less, the statement balance; or (b)If a special promotion allows you to put off making repayments for a period, the amount worked out under (a) but with the relevant promotional balance taken away from the statement balance. The minimum payment must be received by us and paid into your account on or before the payment date.

BCOBS

Guest alan703
This is from the POC posted earlier.. you appear to have information in respect of B/card.. ??

I have Barclay card info as I have not finished altering that part - largely due to the lack of terms and conditions.

Is the main body ok?

Guest alan703
Have you read the Harrison v Link judgment ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37953[/ATTACH]

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Mercantile/2011/B3.html

This Judgment dealt with the "terms and conditions" or lack of.

I think you should also be aware of a totally unconnected situation which has just arisen regarding PPI claims.

Whether or not it has any implications for you, you should still be made aware.

From post 18 onwards in the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?322136-Harrison-v-Black-Horse&p=3964726&viewfull=1#post3964726

And another link that is being updated

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?363750-Mis-sold-PPI-appeal-fails-to-reach-Supreme-Court&p=3965075#post3965075

Do I understand this?

Harrison v Link - claimants record keeping established the high probability of MBNA's lack of proper procedures, therefor probably did not supply the terms and conditions.

How this affects me - the only records relating to the application I have are supplied from my SAR, credit application (is this different to an executed agreement?) and FRC.

I no longer owe them money, nor do I hold an account with them, so am soley disputing the credit card penalty charges which I have evidence that they far exceed the OFT £12 figure.

Harrison v Black Horse - if the PPi mis-sell claim is due to it being expensive an not advised it was cheaper elsewhere - it will be thrown out.

My PPI case - Mis Sell claim is largely based on the Fact I was armed forces personnel and was therefor likely to be excluded from any cover provided by the policy. MBNA have admitted responsibilty but the refund value is in dispute

Guest alan703

Here goes, can anyone in the know give me an opinion on the suitability of the attached documents.

1. Brief description of claim to enter on MCOL, with detailed particulars to follow. (only 1081 characters allowed)

2. Detailed Particulars

3. Statement of Charges

If someone can give it a good to go, I intend submitting it this weekend online and posting the particulars on Monday.

On another note, I have printed of MBNA current terms and conditions, although I believe they are irrelevant in my case, they show that the current Cash Advance interest rate is 27.9% APR. So a restitution rate of 29.9% should be easy to justify as it is only marginally higher than MBNA's own cash advance rate.

MBNA POC.pdf

MBNA Statement of Charges.xls

Brief description of claim.pdf

Edited by alan703

Guest alan703

Court Claim raised.

Detailed POC must be submitted to defendant within 14 days of service (which is deemed to be 5 working days from being issued) - so I have 19 days.

I may add into them that although they have tried to use the 6 year rule to evade payment, in another (ppi) claim I had with them on the same account for the same time scale, they did not use this rule and offered payment.

Edited by alan703