IF Loan from 2004

dpick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

IF loan from 2004

My wife is on holiday with her sister this week so being bored I was checking of all things my CRA files.

Checked the above loan entry on my file when checking balances over the term of the loan found that it would appear that charges had been added to the account as on some months the balance of the loan had risen by as much as £38. Now this was only a small loan £1500 but when looking at the total I believe they may have added PPI as the total is £2272.

So they have added £772 in total to the loan could be just interest or could be interest and PPI.

Have sent SAR to Haliprats to check this account, will start claim for charges and interest if they are charges and then a claim for PPI if PPI applied as type two insulin dependent diabetic PPI would not have been any use to me.

dpick

• 4 months later...

Just to update this thread

I rang Halifax in July to enquire about this loan I just asked has PPI been applied they said yes I said type 2 diabetes so PPI miss-sold. She talked to someone off phone and came back to say we will send you forms to file a claim.

Forms arrived 2 weeks later filled them in and returned them to receive letter to say 8 weeks to investigate. I though here we go again.

To my delight I have received their final offer (have not had a first offer) of

£608

Calculated as follows

Refund of Premiums 266.31

Refund of Interest 69.01

Interest at 8% calculated up until 20 November 2012 204.57

Other Indirect losses 68.46

Total £608.35

I would say that in this case Halifax had fully followed FOS guidelines for PPI claims, I could be wrong but that money will give my wife a good bit extra for Christmas so will just take it.

dpick