we won!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hand delivered the Data Protection letter and £10 in cash when starting a claim for charges on my wifes account to the local branch and insisted on a receipt for both letter and cash. First,i received a letter confirming receipt and crediting the £10 back to my wifes account (which i found strange!) followed 10 days later (well within 40 days) by statements for the last 6 years showing charges in excess of £2300 together with a letter offering £200 as a "full and final settlement"!

Can anyone help with my next step please? Which letter do i use to reject their offer and claim the full amount?

Take a look on the FAQ and the step by step guide, and then the relevant templates are on the library section. I would imagine it would be the preliminary approach letter you would want to send, although you would need to add a paragraph about rejecting the £200 offer.

• 1 month later...

Just received a reply from the Halifax in response to the preliminary request letter.

You may remember they had offered £200 when replying to my request for 6 years statements showing charges totaling over £2350.00!

I obviously rejected this offer and they have come back with an offer of £606.00

this time! The letter states "the charges we apply to your account do recover costs

so we cannot agree to refund them all", but they make no attempt to prove how they justify the charges.

I will now be sending the letter before action and rejecting their latest offer and shall see what happens next.

Best of luck to anyone taking action - give it a go!

You may remember they had offered £200 when replying to my request for 6 years statements showing charges totaling over £2350.00!

Please keep all your posts to your original thread. That way, when you need help, people can easily follow your progress up to that point, won't need to 'remember' and therefore are able to give better advice.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sent the claim in to Halifax using the Money claim on-line service on 21/09/2006

claiming £2850.76 which included £381.76 interest and £120.00 court fees.

Received a letter back from the Halifax dated 27/09/2006 saying they intended to defend the claim - HOWEVER! on a purely commercial basis it will cost Halifax money to defend the claim in terms of the legal costs that will be incurred.

For this reason,but without admission of liability!!- they are willing to reimburse £2850.76!! Brilliant!

Letter was sent by;-

[EDIT]

Customer Relations Manager

Core Business

Customer Relations

Halifax PLC

PO BOX 548,LEEDS,LS11WU TEL [EDIT]

Edited by alanfromderby
Personal information removed

Well done Stuart !!!

:rolleyes: TRICKYPICKLE :rolleyes:

Account One (Mine Closed for 2 or so years)

Claiming £712 & 8%.....

Sent Prelim Letter 7th August

Bog Standard Reply 11th August

Letter Before Action Sent 21st August

Reply with offer of £120 28th August

MCOL sent 2nd October

MCOL Acknowledged 4th October

5th October HALIFAX OFFER FULL CHARGES COURT FEE & 8% interest !!!

7th Oct; Cheque arrived in post !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Account Two (Joint still open (for now!!)

Claiming £ 1900 odd and rising !

Sent Prelim letter 7th August

Bog standard reply 11th August

Letter Before Action Sent 21st August

Reply with offer of £ 788 6th September

MCOL sent 30th October

MCOL acknowledged 6th November

HALIFAX LETTER 8th Nov ... NO REFUND Blah Blah Blah

well done but havent they issued the 8% interest?

Prelimary sent 18/9/06

:-)

£420 first offer 30/9/06 :mad:

LBA & partial acceptance sent 2/10/06:-)

Halifax acknowledge refusal of full and final settlement 5/10/06

Money claim issued 10/10/06

Acknowledged by Halif%&ers 12/10/06