Abbey are Changing solicitors!!

Lula
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so its official then asshurts are the new guys?

Dunno.

I've had nothing official from DLA or Abbey or anyone else. I know only what's been put on this thread.

If anyone has had an official statement, can they please post it?

Thanks

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

Their approach has been 'hands on' and pro-active throughout long and complex transactions."

Taken from the website. No wonder Abbey are using them then, they are experts at LONG and complex transactions!!!!

Guest lobster
One of their banking and finance litigation guys ' has spent time on secondment at the Financial Services Authority. '

jesus tough times ahead then!!!

One of their banking and finance litigation guys ' has spent time on secondment at the Financial Services Authority. '

Ah yes but when was it?

Was he/she making the tea or were they making policy decisions?

Anyway, I am no big fan of government departments and organisations. Some of the people that work in those kind of organisations are quite bright, others are ordinary joes like us.

Going on secondment doesnt mean anyhting particular.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

LOL

you shoudl she my CV, makes me look right clever.....trouble is the proof of the puddings in the eating, i wonder what wilsons pudding is like?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Im still going to miss the Love God in Leeds :-D

so do we think that abbey are going to try and change tactics and start with the real hard ball games now? Are we bovvered?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Interesting.

They must have used them for something else as when I went to Google them, their name appeared in the search box as I typed, meaning that I'd typed it before. I'm not in litigation with anyone else just now, so it is either a flook or someone else has mentioned its name in the past.

Ashurst

Home / Expertise / LitigationSearch

All expertise

CorporateEmployment, incentives and pensionsEnergy, transport and infrastructureEU and competitionInternational financeLitigation

Banking and finance litigationCommercial litigationContentious constructionEnergy, transport and infrastructure litigationEU and competition litigationFinancial regulatory litigationInternational arbitrationIP and IT litigation Product liability and environmental litigationPublic international lawReal estate litigationRestructuring and insolvency litigationReal estateTaxTechnology and commercial Litigation

Ashurst's lawyers are experts in the conduct of litigation and arbitration. We work with some of the world's leading businesses to resolve their complex, high profile commercial disputes.Whether it be bond options or trade marks, warranty claims or regulatory issues, real estate or power projects, product liability or fraud, we have a track record of success in that field

"Note the word arbitration" in the text. Maybe they have settelments in mind!!!

Hi Guy's,...So their are changing solicitors,..Well shabbey are now playing and operating like a xxxxxxxxxxxx ,..These are the tactics of high powered xxxxxxxxxxxx,..When things are looking bad and things are not going your way,.The xxxxxxxxxxxx will switch legal teams,(this buys them some more time & freedom till the new team pick up were the old team left off with a new shot under a new judge & new legal team ,.. Its a dirty trick and think this should be noted to the judge in our cases (As this shows abbey have not acted reasonable in trying to clear these claims prior to any court hearings,..)..My thoughts are that abbey realise that with many claim against them before christmas,..Their customers(US) will fight tooth & nail as the windfall would come in handy for xmas,Maybe their want to deflate everyone by dragging this into the new year messing everyones xmas up,..Or maybe this is the latest ploy ,..(So come xmas abbey's new team offer 50% of the claim (knowing most are stretched this time of year and chances are 50% will accept these offers,..Looks like their are thinking way ahead of us,...We should all try and fight back together (add more pressure) We should all try and get 2 (or as many people in our families to start the process of a claim)..Stack up the work for the new legal team (maybe their might get that snowed under with paperwork their let slip/or do not submit a defence,..We can not sit back and let shabbey decide the way things should go,.. Mx.

Please be aware of posting potentially libelous comments on the forum :) Thanks.

Well if they wish to delay any cases that have got a court date already...... we could trump them and force their hand.

If they wish to delay/adjourn any court hearings they have to write to the Judge giving reasons why.

The Judge / Court will write to the Claimant to see if we would agree and if not state the reason why.

In that we should put the reason for not agreeing as Abbey have consistently failed to provide the evidence requested. We move that since Abbey have no intention of going to court, we see this as a blatant abuse of court time and process and move to have their defense struck out.

Alternatively if the Court decides in its wisdom to allow a delay, we seek that the Court Orders disclosure of the asked for documentation within 14 days, again failure to comply as a condition will have their defense struck out.

Fairly simple!:lol:

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Has anyone actually received anything from Abbeys' new Solicitors yet??

If my posts have helped you please use the scales at the top of my posts :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

Me v Abbey - £3000 + Int + Costs + Credit File Cleaned.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Court Claim started - 31/5/2006

Allocation Questionnaire Filed - 24/7/06

Court Date allocated 31/10/2006

Me v Citi-Cards - CCA Sent 27/07/06

Me v Citi-Cards - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Capital One - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - CCA Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - DPA Sent 03/08/06

Guest lobster

oh thought changover was the 9th oct....oh well....may get a letter from dla re disclosure next weds....looking good as new boys wont have time to adjorn ha ha ha :D

I got a letter from DLA Piper to say that a new bunch had taken over... Now I've lost the letter!!! Is it Ashurst in Scotland also?

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Guest lobster
Oh please eh Lobster?

what do u mean.....the new ones according to my solicitor couldve adjorned because of swap over and they didnt know the case? yes/no lol

Of course they could apply for an adjournment....... however they still need to inform the Judge and Claimant in good time.

No good doing it days later? ;)

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Guest lobster

i know sweetie ...thats why i said too late for them now isnt it lol ha ha ha ha ha ha:D :D :D

sorry i meant in my earlier post i hope dla would send me confirmation of full refund and not disclosure....sorry lot on my mind ....have three claims to settle in oct....totalling 26k in region....lol

lol........ you're right there.

I still haven't heard anything from the NewBoyz yet or even anything official from DLA bar an email from Michael Shires. You would thing DLA as their duty to inform everyone that a trandsfer of solicitors is underway. I honestly think it was not a happy break!!!!!!

:eek:

I emailed DLA and said - "what implications does this 'takeover' have?" They'll like that... then I emailed the newchaps and said 'hello - nice to meet you"... Nice to be nice...

;)

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

prrrr.. thanks! Actually... I have just had an email from Abbey...

I understand that you have contacted Ashurst in relation to your claim against Abbey. Abbey is now representing itself in this claim and all enquiries should be directed to:

Ref: TS6B03/BCT

Abbey National PLC

Abbey National House

2 Triton Square

Regent's Place

London NW1 3AN

Tel: 020 7756 4398 or 020 7756 4306

Does this really mean I will be the FIRST to meet MR ABBEY??!!! Surely not! :o

MBNA - Concluded £634.31