• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

traceyrmj against HSBC... **WON**

traceyrmj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

morning all i applied for the SAR recently ( see sig) and received the info, given that i hardly use this account ( we have a joint account) and only really use it for "my" money i was shocked to see that they owe me £394.50

:eek: sending my prelim letter today Recorded post. will see if they choose to ignore me as they have doen with so many of you or if they will start taking us seriously.... wont hold my breath tho each day the delay just gives me more time to decide what to spend my 95% refund on ( 5% of course will be donated :)) now holiday to DLP sounds good :)

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

prelim posted today recorded :) 28 days till i file MCOL

anyone else get really indignant and ready for a fight tho? i cant beleive it is takign this long i want them to start tryingt o frighten and belittle me so i can use the might of the CAG to beat them down with.

really must get a hobby...

• 2 weeks later...

they are ignoring me. LBA will go on 2nd October ( with contractual interest not claimed on prelim, teach them to ignore me:p)

TJ, they are STILL ignoring me! I had more letters from them before I filed papers! DG solictors said they are defending and I've heard nothing since!

HSBC - 2 accounts - £5016.44 - WON!

Now going after them for my husbands account - £283.30. Prelim letter sent 26th October 2006.

ggggr KW, i will deffo push ahead and write the interest up on the LBA then, then only 14 days till i can file MCOl too:p

am preparing the forms for the court claim as they have ignored me so far and will probably continue to do so ( also it will be good practace for the other two larger claims i am tendering in the next few weeks.) given both HSBC and abbeys current habbit of ignoring claims up to and past the time of judgement and then getting those set aside i have decided to write to them and their solicitors when i have submitted a claim with all the details, sureley they then cant say "oh your honour we knew nothing of the claim and couldnt defend it" and wont be able to get it set aside?

thinking something along the lines of...

notice of action.

Dear HSBC

i have today filed county court proceedings against you for the bank charges you have unlawfully applied to my account. i have written to you twice regarding this matter and received nothing to even acknowledge my complaint. i am aware of your current practace in cases such as this whereby you will ignore the case untill a judgement is entered against you and then attempt to have that overturned claiming that you knew nothing of the case being bought against you. this letter will dispence with that option as a copy of it has also been sent recorded delivery to your solicotors office. the judge will therefore see that every attempt has been made to inform you of this action. rest assured i will fight this case in court and as you have now forced me to issue a claim i will add to that the s69 interest available to me through the courts of 8%. I am a member of the consumer action group and am fully informed of my rights and the court process. i am sad that this matter has ended up on the way to a court room and invite your urgent attention to avoid any further costs and to avoid wasting the courts time. you will be served papers in due course claim number XXXXXXX

yours sincerely

traceyrmj

Sounds a little OTT to me.

This is only mt personal view.

The timetable is set by you, going in 14 day incriments from the initial rerquest for a refund to issuing your claim.

They are more likely to ignore any letter that they dont like the tone of or have the inclination to consider as being shall we say passionate.

You need to keep this as clinical as possible, if they fail to repsonde to the standard letters, that is thier look out.

Beleive me it is very tempting to scribe loads of text, indeed i do it often then go back the next day and look at it and think i am not really telling them anything they didnt already know, so pointless sending it out.

If they have failed to respond just stick to your timetable and keep matters as simple as possible.

If nothing else it saves on the cost of postage.

As i say this is just my personal opinion.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds first thing in the morning.

HSBC, they tried they failed, they coughed up in full

To all the others beware i am heading your way next.

It could be to your advantage NOT to make a fuss.

You put in your claim, you get paid. win.

you get ignored, win by default.

let is pass quietly, and then a day or two later go for the baliffs.

OK, they will go for a stay but now they have baliffs on their arse. If you make a fuss as soon as you get judgement, they apply for a stay right away, you dont get to have all that lovely baliff fun.

In any case, I think the letter is not really required.

i get what you are saying but if i have made every effore to inform them of the action ( and their solicitors) they then cant apply to have the judgement im hoping to get overturned can they? poss i got a bit vitriolic but am a woman so this is my way LOL do you think that just sending them and their solic a simple letter saying

notice of action, you will be served court papers for claim number XXXXX as action has been started against you ( your client)

and leave it at that? i really want to block the overturning avenue for them and sureley if i can show the judge that they and their solic have signed for letters informing them of the case they have no legs to stand on? really dont want to get all that way and then have to wait again when they get overturned etc.

am i worryign too much?

true but if they they ntry the "oh we didnt know about this " defence i can stick it to em! i fully intend to go ahead with my timetable ( woolwich informed me it will be 8 weeks before they can deal with my complaint, thats nice eh! LOL) just want to keep this as watertight as i can.

At the end of the day the way you choose to go about this is entirely up to you, if you sent the LBS by recorded delivery and can prove it was delivered then they will have a hard time saying anything to the contrary.

They will not be able to use the we didnt know about it arguemtn if you have used the template letters as this will set out your timetable, the court in any case will let them know you have registered a claim.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning

i have to say despite everythign i am completely flabberghasted that they are going to let me file N1 monday without even writign to me. seriously they must realise this will cost them more money in the long run? i really dont understand what they plan to gain. anyway N1 will be filed on monday as per the date on my LBA. i will write to D&G and to HSBCD on monday with the number and details fo the claim and nothign more ( just so they cant say they knew nothign of it and ask for a set aside) then off to sit still for 28 days waiting for them to file defence and ask for AQ. just completely flabberghasted that they dont see the virtue of settling before i add on £50 court fees and 8% interest.

they are totally KooKoo! dancingsmilie.gif

Incredible isn't it, my time is up on Monday, and I haven't heard a squeak out of them, hey ho. The courts must be getting seriously p***ed off with them, they could settle all these claims without wasting their time, I wonder how much longer this will go on before a judge makes them defend.

Mr & Mrs Bigboy

14/09/06 - Prelim letter sent

15/09/06 - Prelim letters received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

29/09/06- LBA Sent

02/10/06 - LBA's received in Leeds & Canary Wharf (our branch)

13/10/06 - Received part offer - rejected

16/10/06 - MCOL issued

the Courts will be loving it not sick of it! They have revenue targets like everyone else so the more that are issued the better for them

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

Just a point - you mentioned that you were adding contractual interest earlier in your correspondence. You then mentioned that you were adding 8% interest at the court stage. My understanding is that you can only do one OR the other, not both.

I hope I'm wrong, and that if I'm not that it doesn't affect your claim!

Halifax: FULL REFUND

_________

Lloyds TSB: FULL REFUND

HSBC Current Acct: FULL REFUND

Capital One (three accounts); GE Money (Mothercare); GE Money (Burton):

Getting round to sending off first letters...!