swinton - home emergency callout can be anytime in 24 hours NOT IMMEDIATLY ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When is an Emergency, how should the wording apply to an event; -

There is a question. : -

Last Sunday I had a radiator valve leak in the hall way, I rang Swinton emergency number to be told that a plumber will ring in the next 2 hours to inform me the time he will arrive, no call, so I rang Swinton again to be told he should not have said that and that the response can be within 24 hours (Uh)( Emergency). She will contact plumber and ring back and have I isolated the leak, I said that I have turned off the valves but the radiator is at a low point and I am unable to drain the system in this vicinity, I have also turned off the mains valve just in case, o.k. I will ring you back, all night from 7.p.m. to 8.a..m. I am trying to catch the water from valve which was steady and mopping the waste missed.

I called again to be told a plumber will ring. They did and said the guy is out for the day on jobs to-morrow is nearest to attend, I said the operator originally said they left answer machine message to them NO they said they sent e.mail to the unmanned office late last night,

I rang Swinton who eventaully got another plumber to attend who fixed the problem turned water back on and said bleed the radiators after 10 minutes as the system is filling up. And left.

I encountered problems with the toilet cystern not filling and a couple of radiators where I cannot seem to get them to work. I rang the engineer who said I am out of the area but they will not pay for these problems, but will contact next day as he is usually in the area and will arrange to come around that should save me another plumbers charges - he did not.

Anybody else have this problem? seems all they are interested in is a quick buck for call out and non completeion of task.

An emergency, sounds like a farce if you can wait for up to 36 hours. I am stiil have the problem.

Edited by Old Cogger
SWINTON HOME EMERGENCY COMPLAINTS
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I think I would be inclined to demand a refund of all premiums paid as 'mis-sold'.

There are quite a few complaints about Swinton on the forum.

I thinkyou should also change your subject heading to something more descriptive so it shows in a Google search to others.

I think I would be inclined to demand a refund of all premiums paid as 'mis-sold'.

There are quite a few complaints about Swinton on the forum.

I thinkyou should also change your subject heading to something more descriptive so it shows in a Google search to others.

How to accees to change a heading pls?

i can do that for you, just say what you want

something like 'swinton emergency callout took xx hours'

swinton - home emergency callout can be anytime in 24 hours NOT IMMEDIATLY ?

Quite often the emergency cover does not deliver an emergency level of service. Also as you have found out, there is a debate about what is an emergency. If you have a problem with a toilet, it is only an emergency, if it is the only toilet in the house.

The toilet system is probably not filling up, as the water was turned off and back on, causing an airlock. It should clear itself eventually, but there are easy DIY methods (search online). You may have to turn the water off at the stopcock and drain the water taps. Then turn the water back on, but not at full pressure. Don't turn the stopcock onto a fuller position until the system has filled up again. ( I am no plumbing expert, but there is plenty of info online). There are also plumbing forums, where you will get some free advice.

As for the radiators that are not working, try to bleed them first. If they are still not working, if there is a thermostatic valve fitted, you have to remove the valve. See here for details

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Quite often the emergency cover does not deliver an emergency level of service. Also as you have found out, there is a debate about what is an emergency. If you have a problem with a toilet, it is only an emergency, if it is the only toilet in the house.

The toilet system is probably not filling up, as the water was turned off and back on, causing an airlock. It should clear itself eventually, but there are easy DIY methods (search online). You may have to turn the water off at the stopcock and drain the water taps. Then turn the water back on, but not at full pressure. Don't turn the stopcock onto a fuller position until the system has filled up again. ( I am no plumbing expert, but there is plenty of info online). There are also plumbing forums, where you will get some free advice.

As for the radiators that are not working, try to bleed them first. If they are still not working, if there is a thermostatic valve fitted, you have to remove the valve. See here for details

Thankyou for useful info U.B.

Well over a week and finally eveything back working, what an awful experiance it has been, so a complaint might be on its way, that is the end of that ????

NO:- guess what Swinton have attempted to take a Direct Debit from my account day before due date i.e. (the date my pensions go in) I now have a default charge from Nationwide, also another because £1.57 short to pay another in the account (£15.00) for £1.57 short, I keep asking for a small overdraft limit as a buffer but they eventually say Not enough funds credited to the account, how much do you have to get a small overdraft?? £10,000 - £12.500 not enough.????