Suggested 'tit for tat" invoice for companies asking for further information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am amused by the companies who keep asking for 'further information' or 'extensions of time' when you ask them for documentation so I am devising an invoice to send to them with any request - who thinks this is reasonable and fair in this day and age.

Dear XXX

I have previously sent you a request for info (SAR, CCA, etc) and have received a reply asking for further information, despite the fact that you have always written to me at this address for the last xxx period of time.

Therefore I am attaching an invoice for services rendered in supplying this information a second time to your rather lax organisation

Payment is strictly within 14 days or the consequences will be reporting your organistion to the relevant trade bodies, including, but not exclusive to, the OFT, Trading Standards etc etc etc

Invoice as follows

Paperwork retention, retrieval and reprinting, including cost for ink, paper £7.50

Litigant in Person court cost for legal research into your question £18.00

Cost of Posting via recorded delivery including travel to post office £5.00

Additional phone call costs including maintenance of equipment ...... £3.00

Total (does not include VAT as I am not liable for this) £38.50

Payment is strictly within 14 days or the consequences will be reporting your organistion to the relevant trade bodies, including, but not exclusive to, the OFT, Trading Standards etc etc etc .

The alternative to payment within the time frame above is for this amount to be deducted from any sums owing to your company - you are hereby authorised to make this deduction as soon as possible.

Anyone think this is worth a try - there seems to be an influx of organisations asking for more time when they know they should have this information to start with!

Always worth a shot. I mean why not?!

After all, they do exactly the same to their "debtors".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

There does seem a spate of companies (as previously said) asking for more time or more information when they should have had the stuff in the first place - it is an inexcusable excuse that THEY can get away with this without penalty... so this is my way of hitting back at them.

A couple of new posters lately don't understand the 'tit for tat' game they are in now with the DCAs being able to trash our credit files almost 'at will' and have them stay that way for an obnoxious 6 year period, so any little way we can make them suffer in return is worth attempting.

For anyone else doing it - I would suggest it should be included in the first letter, but do not mention debt at anystate, as that may be what you are challenging/wanting to become SB.

We could easily make a list of what they ask for, as there are no shortage of people who have done it here.

If its to a bank, it might also be an idea to exactly match the charge they were adding and defended in the Unfair Contracts Terms case - but still include the list mentioned above, but without unit pricing.

Please note, I revoke your licence to visit bla bla bla

However, should you still send somebody I shall consider a legally contract to exist between us regarding this visit.

My cost for speaking with your Doorstep collector is £30. Payable as C.O.D or cheque.

Please note this is not a joke, or humour, my time is valuable, I have used my inalienable legal right to withdraw any your right of access you believe you hold, you have absolutely no defence, legally or otherwise to the usage of this right, I may withdraw access to individuals or companies, in exactly the same way I may withdraw access to my telephone.

Therefore, I hereby state on the 3rd of June 2012, that if an Employee, Contractor, Agent, or any person(s) acting on instructions from Snotcall, or via any sort of contractual relationship with Snotcall visits my property, then they do so in the full knowledge and clear understanding that doing so creates a legally binding contract between myself and Snotcall.

Should Snotcall wish to form a binding contract and pay for my services, via doorstep discussion, then My charge for dealing with such a Visit will be £30.

The Contract.

We Snotcall, having received this letter by signed delivery understand that visiting the property as named, will form a legally binding contract to which, the charge of £30 will apply. We fully understand that visiting the above property will activate this contract and that we agree to the charge of £30 for doing so.

Second Letter to be included :D

Dear Scotcall should you wish to confirm that you do not wish to form a contract and break my revoking of your licence to visiting, please complete and return the following:

I _______________________ (leave blank for employee name)

Formally confirm that we do not wish to enter into contract, and thus confirm that we will not be visiting the named property.

We understand that breaching this promise will incur a charge of £100.

Signed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice one Caled. The good part is it court be enforced through law. As you can simply tell the DCA that you will be pursuing charges for trespass if they break the "contract" but fail to pay.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I think you have undercharged them for £30, it should be like for like, ie £100, to include witness cost, filming equipment, data storage and wear and tear on your doorstep, should they wish to remove said doorstep then it will be £300 to include cost and labour of replacing essential item!

I am amused by the companies who keep asking for 'further information' or 'extensions of time' when you ask them for documentation so I am devising an invoice to send to them with any request - who thinks this is reasonable and fair in this day and age.

Dear XXX

I have previously sent you a request for info (SAR, CCA, etc) and have received a reply asking for further information, despite the fact that you have always written to me at this address for the last xxx period of time.

Therefore I am attaching an invoice for services rendered in supplying this information a second time to your rather lax organisation

Payment is strictly within 14 days or the consequences will be reporting your organistion to the relevant trade bodies, including, but not exclusive to, the OFT, Trading Standards etc etc etc

Invoice as follows

Paperwork retention, retrieval and reprinting, including cost for ink, paper £7.50

Litigant in Person court cost for legal research into your question £18.00

Cost of Posting via recorded delivery including travel to post office £5.00

Additional phone call costs including maintenance of equipment ...... £3.00

Total (does not include VAT as I am not liable for this) £38.50

Payment is strictly within 14 days or the consequences will be reporting your organistion to the relevant trade bodies, including, but not exclusive to, the OFT, Trading Standards etc etc etc .

The alternative to payment within the time frame above is for this amount to be deducted from any sums owing to your company - you are hereby authorised to make this deduction as soon as possible.

Anyone think this is worth a try - there seems to be an influx of organisations asking for more time when they know they should have this information to start with!

Nice one:- Point change invoice to read Bill & send, why not?:smile::smile::smile:

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

"Blah, blah, blah, remove your right of access to my property etc.

However, let me inform you of my bucket of **** throwing service, with this offer being accepted by accessing my property (and being the sole reason for doing so).

This limited offer is now available at only £100 per bucket - but respectively request a few days are left between visits, to permit stock to be replenished."

I suspect they like to think they take no **** off anyone! :D