DSR - seller refusing refund

Guest apdqueen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest apdqueen

Hi All,

Second post in as many days - sticking up for my consumer rights!

In brief, I ordered an electrical car component, that turns out I don't actually now require. I emailed the online store asking to return (within 7 days of receiving) and was told as it was an electrical item they could not accept it back, and that this was standard practice within the motor trade.

I did a bit of reading up on the DSR and could find no reference allowing a seller to refuse a refund on this basis. I then emailed them to this effect at which point they got a bit stroppy and basically said I could sent it back but would be charged a 15% re-stocking fee and would not get the original postage refunded.

Again I replied saying I didn't think the DSR made no provision for re-stocking fees and the original postage should also be refunded. Not heard anything back from this though.

What are my next steps? And have I interpreted things correctly from the DSR? (Happy to be told if I haven't!) I could let the whole thing go and just flog said item on eBay, but I'm not sure why I should have to.

Thanks.