wife told hours changing - in a week

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wife works 3hours 10 mins

this has been in the morning since 2008

she had been off with a doctors note for the last two weeks (see other thread)

shes now been told that when she comes back they want her time to be done in the afternoon

now shes worked mornings for over 10 years all the appoinments (and theres alot coming up) are in the afternoon

she also cannot work afternoons for other reasons

is she entitled to refuse?

is it worth stating customs and practice for these hours to be in the morning

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Depends on her contract of employment, if it shows that times, days and hours can be varied to meet needs f the business they are within there right to do so.

Reasonable notice is usually required though.

J

shes said yes today as they rang again to ask (still on doctors note)

she felt like she had to say yes

personly im pi**ed off we discused it last night and agreed that she would only agree to change hours if they would agree to start them after her maternity leave - which starts in 6 weeks

and she has never had a written contract

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

She should ave had a written contract, but as she doesn't it will be harder for her to fight it.

Does the company have a policy on variation of hours, patterns. Request a copy of it in FULL. This will allow you to see where ur wife stands with this.

Most organisations have a policy that will state that hours can b varied to meet business needs.

J

I don't think this is legal. They have to give at least 28 days notice I believe to a change of schedule.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)