Full and final settlement

Rayn2036
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote a letter to (as per template) DCA offering £400 towards full and final settlement of my debt £3465.

I received a letter two days ago.

I also requested that, if accepted, they should make an entry on a credit reference agency as "satisfied" in full.

This letter does not mention anything about this apart from accepting my proposal.

Should I go ahead and pay the proposed sum or should I get in writing that credit reference agency file will be marked as settled?

Letter reads:

We refer to your recent communication and confirm that we are willing to accept the sum of £400 in full and final settlement of your liability.

The settlement figure has only been offered as a minimum repayment amount. Any Payment made ove this amount will be deducted from your outstanding balance. We regret that NO REFUNDS will be made on full and final settlements, where the full outstanding balance has not been cleared.

The full and final amount has only been offered to you on the condition that full payment is received by the 31 May 2012. You should note that failure to maintain this agreement in the balance reverting back to £3465"

I am currently paying them £3.00 a month . I am bit confuse about the second paragraph of their letter. Please some one shed some light on this case.

Thanks

Help please