style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently booked a holiday to Portugal and due to having 2 young children, I chose the flights that were at the best times, rather than the cheapest. This meant outward flight with Ryanair and return flight with Easyjet. I chose to add insurance to both flights. Unfortunately our son got chicken pox and we had to cancel our holiday at the last minute. When I rang the insurance company to reclaim the costs, I was told that my Easyjet insurance was not valid because I don't live in Portugal!!!

When I made the booking, they had my address details so why did they offer me a policy that was invalid? I wonder how many people have bought that insurance and not had to claim, meaning that Easyjet have pocketed the money knowing full well they would never had to pay out. I am writing to their CEO to complain about this and will also be copying my letter to the Ombudsman because this is not the way to do business in my view. Loads of people use easyjet because it's more affordable than the bigger airlines but that does not mean they can rip people off.

Not impressed!

I agree with your complaint. Easy Jets internet site should warn you that for UK citizens booking a one way flight from outside the UK, that the Travel Insurance option is not valid, due to the reasons you outline.

Easy Jet may just refund your unused tickets outside of the Insurance and refund the Insurance premium.

You could also complain to the OFT about this issue, as they may need to ask Easyjet to amend their internet site if necessary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They have refunded the insurance premium but will not refund the tickets. I'm still not letting them off the hook though because it is extremely misleading and unless you worked in the insurance industry, you are unlikely to know all the intricate details of the policies. I will also contact the OFT as you suggested, thanks!

• 1 month later...

It's one month since I wrote to Easyjet and all I've had is a 'passing the buck' email and letter saying someone will be in touch. No one has been in touch. I'm so disgusted by their lack of customer service - it's non existent. They just take your money and do a runner as far as I'm concerned..... not happy with them at all.