Whats happened to all the Budgie's !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had one for years and knew stacks of folk who had them, now I don't know anyone with a Budgie !!!

Anyone on CAG got a Budgie ? :-)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Nope! :DGot a cat though! :D

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Do they no kill Budgies :madgrin:

Probably, but then so would I !!!!!! :D

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

next door neighbour had a budgie, then he died (neighbour not budgie) not sure where it is now

and yes cats kill budgies and anything else that moves, ours ran past with the daughters hamster the other week, fortunatly a swift tackle saved the poor mite

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Oh I love budgies MD :oops:

I had a couple as I was growing up, although not realising at the time it was cruel to keep a bird caged up :|

My Uncle bred them, so did my OH's Dad! And wow they're so intelligent!!

The green males make for brilliant talkers too! Our said - "where's the bloody pussy cat", "who's a daft budgie Joe" and "Titch" (which was our dog) :lol:

I love birds, but would only get one now if it was in a situation were it needed a home due to the owner dying, or didn't want it any longer - I think people are realising now with pets (especially exotic ones) that it's not always in the best interest of the animal.

Besides - I have a garden full of birds everyday, they come and go as they please, but mostly they stay, and are very tame indeed! One of the blackbirds even makes the sound of a car alarm :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

We used to have 2, but the last one went to Rainbow Perch a few years ago. They brightened my day, both had very distinct personalities and were a pleasure to have. I do miss them :-(. One of our neighbours has a budgie, although you don't hear it often.

Ours had a huge cage that was built by my OH as I could not buy any that were a size that I was happy with, and the cage was open during the day giving them free reign of downstairs. They were very good at going back in all by themselves, they used to come out, do a few 'laps' and then go straight back inside. And my, they used to go mental for millet! They would throw millet tantrums demanding their fave treat. They didn't get it all the time as it was treated as a treat, but boy did they put their feet down and demand it sometimes :-)

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

We had one when we were kids. I was only 6 years old at the time.

I felt sorry for it cooped up in his cage so decided to stick its head through the letterbox so he could see what outside was like and see other birdies flying around. He seemed to enjoy the experience at the time.

He died the next day. From shock probably. :sad:

I never told anyone that story before now.:shock:

We used to have 2, but the last one went to Rainbow Perch a few years ago. They brightened my day, both had very distinct personalities and were a pleasure to have. I do miss them :-(. One of our neighbours has a budgie, although you don't hear it often.

Ours had a huge cage that was built by my OH as I could not buy any that were a size that I was happy with, and the cage was open during the day giving them free reign of downstairs. They were very good at going back in all by themselves, they used to come out, do a few 'laps' and then go straight back inside. And my, they used to go mental for millet! They would throw millet tantrums demanding their fave treat. They didn't get it all the time as it was treated as a treat, but boy did they put their feet down and demand it sometimes :-)

Hey MungyPup, hope you're well?

They're great little birds aren't they? Our first budgie loved to play football using my Granddads golf flight ball :lol: And he would sit on the arm of the chair every evening when my Granddad ate his dinner watching him! But you're so right, their personalities were totally different, as our second one didn't like to come out of his cage anywhere near enough, but he was much more vocal - he adored my Dad, and every time my Dad came into the room where he was he would cheep and whistle and jump on his swing all excited :lol:, but he really didn't like my Mum :lol: if she so much as went near the cage he would run at the bars with his beak in a biting position! I do think it was more of a game with him though! He loved his little wobbly man and would beat it up in the bottom of his cage, and if you said to him "side to side Joe, side to side, side to side Joe side to side", he would jump on his swing and actually swing side to side on it :lol:

I felt sorry for it cooped up in his cage so decided to stick its head through the letterbox so he could see what outside was like and see other birdies flying around. He seemed to enjoy the experience at the time.

Aww, your poor budgie! My OH would feel your pain, he and his Sister both had one each that were kept in the house rather than the aviary - hers was a blue one and his was a green one called Kermit, he had it out flying round the room as his sister opened the front door, and quick slammed it when she realised - poor Kermit got caught in the door :-(

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Thanks for sharing that with us Freaky :rip:

I always remember the sandpaper at the bottom of the cage, we used to look after the birds in our school aviary and I remember it was in a room above the janitors office, we used to push the bird droppings through a crack in the floor into the janitors cup of tea !!!

I also have to hold my hands up and admit to getting £5 per week from the Headmaster to buy fresh fruit for the birds but we used to buy £2 worth of 'chipped fruit' (old and damaged) and spend the rest on sweeties !!!

Hey MungyPup, hope you're well?

QUOTE]

I'm very well thank you DW. :hug:

Our birds gave us many laughs, but I think one of the funniest things that they ever did was when we bought them both a 'fake' budgie. They were not interested until the first one passed away. They were both boys, but we saw another side to our boy after he lost his friend (to old age). It was a battery operated plastic budgie, which chirped when he chirped or touched it. He spent most of his time bullying it, used to love giving it a good slap, but there were days where he was friendly with 'her' too. Very friendly :!:..... He used to put his leg over and try and mount it, but because it was smooth plastic, he would just slide off. It was very funny, but i felt so sorry for him at the same time.

Ann Summers 001.jpg

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Awww MungyPup! How lovely your little guy is!

I will confess that my Joey N02 was quite partial to getting it on with himself in the mirror - he liked to hold onto the bell while he had fun :!:

You know MungyPup - Joey N02 was given to me for Christmas when I was 11 - when I left home at 16, I left him behind as he was my Dads mate, when he died my Dad was heartbroken :-(

Thanks for sharing that with us Freaky :rip:

I always remember the sandpaper at the bottom of the cage, we used to look after the birds in our school aviary and I remember it was in a room above the janitors office, we used to push the bird droppings through a crack in the floor into the janitors cup of tea !!!

Sounds like we should start a new thread . . . . . . . . . Step intoThe Confessional!

Got Debt problems?

Sounds like we should start a new thread . . . . . . . . . Step intoThe Confessional!

That is a fantastic idea Owly! Over to you :lol: - I promise I will contribute, probably more than I'd like to admit :!:

What about budgie catchers?:madgrin:

Is that what Scotts where under their kilts?!!!!!

Got Debt problems?

Is that what Scotts where under their kilts?!!!!!

Thats a bit below the belt !!! :-)

Awww MungyPup! How lovely your little guy is!

I will confess that my Joey N02 was quite partial to getting it on with himself in the mirror - he liked to hold onto the bell while he had fun :!:

You know MungyPup - Joey N02 was given to me for Christmas when I was 11 - when I left home at 16, I left him behind as he was my Dads mate, when he died my Dad was heartbroken :-(

Sadly they are both on Rainbow perch now :-(, but we loved them to bits. I'm glad you said that about the mirror, it made me giggle. At least it wasn't just our budgie who had slightly pervy habbits! :lol:

Mungy Pup

Sadly they are both on Rainbow perch now :-(, but we loved them to bits. I'm glad you said that about the mirror, it made me giggle. At least it wasn't just our budgie who had slightly pervy habbits! :lol:

:lol:

Well I've had a pervy budgie, two female rabbits that liked to hump one another - and a chuihaha that liked to hump fresh air :!:

When it gets started remind me to post about our Guinea Pigs and Chinchillas. Small animals now creep away when they see me coming...

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

When it gets started remind me to post about our Guinea Pigs and Chinchillas. Small animals now creep away when they see me coming...

It's started! Owly's opened it! Go on Girlfriend, get on over there :lol:

Wild budgies migrating

wilder-welli07.jpg

From where to where ? :-)