Very/NDR catalogue PENALTY charges reclaim - filing for court **WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its your call surrey...if you feel you can legally challenge the interest and that it is owed then you reject and proceed....if you cant substantiate and rather put this matter to bed you Issue a Notice of Discontinuance to the Court and Defendant on all or part of the claim.

Obviously you only issue it once you have been credited by the agreed amount but you should request your costs in issuing the claim even if you agree to let the interest go.

You are on the higher ground ..she does not want Court...so you set the settlement figure.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thank you Andy. Decision time!

So is she correct by saying I cannot claim the interest at the rate of 44.10%. She said that they did not charge this interest rate on the charges but just the goods. Once I know where I stand with this, I can decide what do I guess!

Thank you! Andy

You would have to look at your original spreadsheet and statements to see if she is correct.What interest have they charged on their penalties?

If you agreed with her how much would come off your claim?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

pdf up some statements i'll check

also £150 is very low & ofcourse that really kills the 8% court interest too you are entitlted too.

on my mrs account from 2005 - 2008 and they charged it then.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hi DX, I settled out of court in the end.

I was worried as I could not get a baby sitter, and also I had not prepared and sent by bundle which was late

and so I thought Id just cut my losses and accept the refund of charges.

She assure me no interest would have been charged on the penalty charges (although the statement said it was charged at 44.9%)

- i dont know if this is true or not, I would be interested to know if she has lied.

Its difficult as with 2 very young children time to sort these things out is difficult and i did like the idea of not having to go to court and represent myself!

Anyway so they refunded the charges less what i owed on the account, so this was approx £700 charges, less £200 owed

so i got about £600 refunded to my account,

THANKYOU CAG!

Well done surrey...pleased that this has been resolved to your satisfaction.

I will amend your thread title to reflect the outcome.

Well done...

Regards

Andy

• dx100uk changed the title to Very/NDR catalogue PENALTY charges reclaim - filing for court **WON***