Please help verry worried - summoned to court because after non fault car claim, car was repaired and insurer not payin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just received a court summons from scott rees.

I believe what has happened is as such.

Non fault car claim, my car was stationery on dual carriageway due to traffic jam, car hit me from behind.

Liability admitted no problem with taht.

My car unsuprisingly had some rear damage, I went through my insurance comp and just used their ar repairer to fix the damage, car was then duley fixed. I don't believe there was any decision maiing on my part ie approving bill or anything.

Then years down the line get a letter from scott rees saying there is a disupte, call them up to clarify as letter was porrly worded and they said because the other car drivers insurance company did not agree with cost of repair bill that did not pay, so we were liable.

Lots of time has past now i have a court date.

I am so confused, why am i being taken to court? i did not have any involvement in the repair bill. I do not know what happens if case is lost, I have no documents provided, ie i dont know how much the bill was for, no advice from scott rees, i have just been told i have half hour with barrister just before court case!!!

Can anyone please help give me advice to tackle this

thanks

Was this handled by your own insurance provider? It is normal to go via your insurance, they then deal with the claim including the recovery of funds from the other party that caused the accident. If so then your first port of call is the company that provided your cover at the time.

embarrasingly, im not sure, i think me but only as the have said they have arranged legal cover. I will be asking them some fundemental questions over the next few days. any advice appreciated.

Look at the letters or the Court documents you have.

The letters will tell you who Scott Rees client is or the Court forms will have the names of the Claimant and Defendant.

Silly question but are your insurers not suing the other party in your name? Are you named as the Claimant or the Defendant on the Court documentation?

YOU MUST contact your Insurance company claims department on Tuesday morning to advise them of the situation. They will deal with it. This will be a dispute between your Insurers and the third party. I have no idea why there should be a need to issue a court claim, but it is up to your Insurers to deal with it. They should know what is going on and should really have contacted you about the problems with the claim that they have been having.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

I think there is more to this.... Are you able/willing to redact names and details, send me the info and I'll check it for you. Will take me about 20 mins and I'll give you some quick free advice.