threat of CCJ for £170 QQ debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Long story cut short.

I took out a Quickquid loan when i had a part time job (living at my mums) I then got laid off because they didnt need me anymore.

This was around September I took out the loan.

I was depressed, and still am, and made no effort to contact QQ to repay to loan.

I'm no longer living with mum but my bank statements and all letters still go there as a Care of address.

I revived a letter 2 weeks ago from solicitors explaining they might get a CCJ (in northampton) on me if i do not repay the loan.

They also explained in the letter i would have to travel up to Northampton (im wayyyy down south)

Mum has been sending all letters back with 'no contact return to sender she does not live here anymore' she always opens them (i allow her) to write down the address on the letter head then seals them back up and pops them back in the post box.

Would a court accept to take on my CCJ even though its for £170 and QQ never actually passed the debt onto a debt collecting agency.

Many thanks.

Slow down and relax a little, peeps will be along soon enough with relevant advice but to just show you how

they are trying to frighten you, their quote of "They also explained in the letter i would have to travel up to Northampton" is

utter rubbish, they apply to Northampton but your case is heard at your local court...

Scare tactics at this time.

threat-o-gram

if might could instructd

it does NOT say WILL.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi von_pixo, They may start court action for this amount I do know of a case where action was started for around £100 of debt.

As already stated if you defended the court action if they did go down that route then it would be heard in your local court.

If you did not defend court action then you could request to pay by instalments although they do not have to agree to this.

You could always contact the solicitors and make an offer of payment, you could even contact the creditor and offer a repayment plan. If you do not dispute the debt then it is always best to resolve it before court action as you would not receive a CCJ which would make credit more expensive or even unable to obtain for around 6 years and of course it would stop court costs against you.

sleepingdog

look at your cra file..

who is the owner of the debt?

only the owner can take you to court

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, tell them you will only pay £1 a month as a repayment plan as you are unemployed. Should they take you to court and you can prove unemployment, the judge will most likely tell you to continue paying £1 a month or less. He could even tell you to stop paying them altogether until a certain date if you cant afford it.

As others pointed out, Northampton is a bulk processing centre. They just send the info to your local court. Theres nothing to worry about with the courts if your debt ever gets sent there, as it is your chance to tell a judge what they are doing and th PDL is not allowed to interrupt. So you can take your time and put forward as much info as you can, including showing the judge their "threat-o-grams".

Again, you are unemployed. Offer them £1 a month, no negotiations. Tell them if you do get taken to court, you are fully willing to defend yourself and the judge would not make you pay anymore as you couldnt afford it.

• Haha 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D