Delivery Companies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A suggestion on a new topic - Delivery companies - unless I'm missing the obvious!

Just this week, I supposedly had a delivery attempt on Tuesday (but I was in, and no-one buzzed the door).

On Wednesday I managed to get the tracking reference from the supplier and called the depot. They said they had the package and they very helpfully provided directions.

I went to the depot, where they said they did not have the package and it must still be on the van. I asked them (and had done earlier by phone) to cancel a redelivery attempt for today.

But today the online tracking said it was back out for delivery. When I called a bit after 5pm they said they had attempted delivery at about 4:25pm - but needless to say I was in and my doorbell hadn't rung - I've even tested the doorbell! ;)

Now I'm aiming to try the depot again, but only after I get confirmation that the van is back there with my package!

What are our rights in these circumstances? I'm sure that there are lots of delivery company issues, and I believe WatchDog had something on ParcelForce a week or two ago, but I missed it.

Nij

Halifax £744 - Letter 1 sent 22/3 - no response

Letter 2 (LBA) sent 7/4

Standard Response Letter rcvd 7/4

Phone call rcvd 24/4 - offered £308 CONDITIONALLY - awaiting confirmation letter

27/4 - Conditional offer letter rcvd for £308

Case created on MoneyClaim 4/5

Halifax notes an intention to defend claim 10/5

23/5 - Some cash appears in account!

Settled, and ceased court action

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Nij

Halifax £744 - Letter 1 sent 22/3 - no response

Letter 2 (LBA) sent 7/4

Standard Response Letter rcvd 7/4

Phone call rcvd 24/4 - offered £308 CONDITIONALLY - awaiting confirmation letter

27/4 - Conditional offer letter rcvd for £308

Case created on MoneyClaim 4/5

Halifax notes an intention to defend claim 10/5

23/5 - Some cash appears in account!

Settled, and ceased court action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks