Comet sold me a faulty tablet

ocdc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Too right, the Retailer is responsible.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

But it is not the consumers job to deal with anyone but the seller. What happens if you deal direct and the manuf sends you another one and that breaks down, the seller can then come back and say 'that's not the product I sold you', they have done it before.

Yes totally agree Connif ,

I do not know how this stands under Consumer Law or SOGA when a Product fails as far as the customer is concerned .

The fact is some Manufacturers insist on carrying out their own repairs to goods that are sold by a retailer this may be one of these types of instances hence the fact that COMET have advised ocdc to contact ACER direct .

Comet Service may not have the means to take on repairs to certain items and in these instances it is because the Manufacturer does not want anyone else attempting a repair on certain products within the first 12 months.

This procedure usually comes to light when a customer contacts COMET first with regards to a faulty product within 12 months and after a certain number of days since purchase and is flagged up by the SKU or Product number which will advise the Selling Store the SLA (Service Level Agreement)

For Example "return to Comet Service" , "Replace the Product" , or "Customer to contact Manufacturer"

ocdc has dealt direct with the seller so far and by all accounts his Tablet is being sent somewhere for repair where that is who knows .

Edited by GorgieBoy

Regards

GorgieBoy

• 2 weeks later...

i think 28 days is the norm.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks. I was told I was going to get text message updates on the status of the repair process, but havent heard from them. I secretely wish they`ll lose it so I can get a new tablet, but knowing my luck, I`ll probably get the same one back, in the same or worse condition it was before. Anyway, what do I do if I dont hear from them after 28 days? Something tells me I wont. I am very very sceptical and pessimistic by nature, and generally get exactly what I expect which is nothing. At least I can never be dissapointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Right fellas. On the 28th of this month it`ll be 28 days since I havent seen my tablet. I havent heard from them either. Can I demand that they give my tablet back after 28 days or what...

Hi ocdc ,

Email the directors Office ,

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

They should respond within 24hours and at least give you a definate answer with regards to your ongoing issue.

Quote the Job number and time scale , all in all not good is it not even any update from them or anything some 28 days down the road .

Regards

GorgieBoy

• 4 weeks later...

Emailed the directors office too.

Its been 2 months, no update, no reply.

I dont want to call because of the ridiculous charge. I can afford it no worries but its the principle. I dont even need nor want that ****ing tablet, I just wanted to see how far would they go with this. But now its been too long. What are my options?

Have you tried sending them a nice Tweet or a nice message via :-

http://twitter.com/CometLtd/

or

http://www.facebook.com/cometuk

Emailed the directors office too.

Its been 2 months, no update, no reply.

I dont want to call because of the ridiculous charge. I can afford it no worries but its the principle. I dont even need nor want that ****ing tablet, I just wanted to see how far would they go with this. But now its been too long. What are my options?

I havent because I dont use twitter and use facebook exclusively for showing off my muscles to redhead foreign girls, my recent fetish (joking). But I might get /b/ to raid their page. If you dont know what /b/ is, youre one of the lucky ones.

On a serious note, legally, how can I make them go "hmmm, internet is serious business"