faulty tv only 2 1/2 months i've had it for!

julietlouise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

COMET brought a Samsung led tv + after care package. tv works fine until I Tried to use the component port- it didn't work. Anyway reported fault & engineer eventually came. He said tv needed a new board as available/ components port do not work. He then ordered the part, after thinking about it I don't want it repaired I want a replacement or refund. Surprisingly Comet are refusing & will only repair it. any ideas/ thoughts?

If the TV is substantially functioning then it wouldn't be considered to be a fundamental fault which is capable of undermining the purpose of the contract. In that case, even though the TV is nearly new, you would not be able to treat the contract as void and you would have to accept a repair.

However, if the repair is not carried out failry quickly - or if you are obliged to be without the set for an unreasonable period of time, then that might be enough to bring the contract to an end.

Time for repair - maybe up to 6 weeks to order the part and fit it on your premises.

Time to be without the set - say, 7 days - but you would have to put them on written notice about it.

Finally, Comet will always dig their heels in. My own expereince of them is that they will take it to the wire to deprive you of your consumer rights. This amount to bullying. My own experience was some years ago but from what I read here and elsehwere, not a lot has changed.

I ended up taking them to court over a cooker hob - but there was another issue with them over a fridgefreezer - which didn't get to court but nearlyu did before they backed down.

I think that it is the attitude of their legal advisors which seem to think that giving up any ground is some kind of insult to their egos.

I think that it is the attitude of their legal advisors which seem to think that giving up any ground is some kind of insult to their egos.

That really does hit the nail smack in the center of the head.

Hi juliet ,

" tv works fine until I Tried to use the component port- it didn't work. Anyway reported fault & engineer eventually came. He said tv needed a new board "

What are you inputting into the component port that does not give a picture ?

Do the HDMI inputs work okay ?

Did the Engineer carry out any suitable test to prove a fault with the Tv ?

I am afraid that the Standard response now in these sort of instances from whoever called is " It needs a new board " without any proper diagnosis carried out at all , this complaint is very unusual (Quite often the Source has to be setup correctly so the Tv can see it so to speak )

What is the Model of your Samsung Tv ?

Regards

GorgieBoy