style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I had a consumer credit agreement with Hitachi that I didn't make the last payment on. I wasn't aware it was a CCA at the time and didn't pay as I thought the service was unsatisfactory. Anyways turns out it was a CCA and there is a default against me on my credit file. I paid it off £55 (and the £200 charges) as I thought this would improve my credit rating as Im going for a mortgage. It didn't! I asked them to remove it - they refused. I requested a copy of the default notice as I NEVER got one and they have sent me a letter clearly saying no default notice was issued, the reason it is on my report as a default is because the the term of the account expired with an outstanding balance?? Is this how they are getting away with issuing defaults without sending default notices now? Any advice of how I can get this removed as Ive tried the letters threatening OFT etc and they are just refusing to reply or talk to me now - HELP!!

Hi All

I had a consumer credit agreement with Hitachi that I didn't make the last payment on. I wasn't aware it was a CCA at the time and didn't pay as I thought the service was unsatisfactory. Anyways turns out it was a CCA and there is a default against me on my credit file. I paid it off £55 (and the £200 charges) as I thought this would improve my credit rating as Im going for a mortgage. It didn't! I asked them to remove it - they refused. I requested a copy of the default notice as I NEVER got one and they have sent me a letter clearly saying no default notice was issued, the reason it is on my report as a default is because the the term of the account expired with an outstanding balance?? Is this how they are getting away with issuing defaults without sending default notices now? Any advice of how I can get this removed as Ive tried the letters threatening OFT etc and they are just refusing to reply or talk to me now - HELP!!

They are correct in what they say and the default entry is correct in this situation,

your approach should be to write to the Data Controller of the creditors and

ask if the default can be removed as the default has been rectified.

You mention a mortgage application please be aware the removal

of one default will not dramatically increase your chances of acceptance,

most lenders are looking at a lot more than the usual 3 years good++

credit history.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Unless it's the only default.

Even if it is the only default, the improvement in

credit scoring, which in any case plays a very small

party in the process of lending decisions.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: