tax credits help

kay12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to all need some advice dont know if im worrying unnecessarily but i renewed my tax credits over the phone on the 24th april will i still get the same payments until it goes through also our income was less than estimated any idea think they going to reduced our payments said i have to phone not before the 24th of may if we dont recieve award notices

kay12 welcome to The Consumer Action Group community.

You haven't received any replies to your problem yet so you might be better off posting your story again directly in the sub-forum which deals with your kind of situation. You will get lots of support there.

Also, spend some time looking round the forum. Once you understand the layout, you will be able to get best use from this Consumer Community. It is a big forumm and may take some time. But it will be worth doing.

Good luck.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

HELLO i am panicking over tax credits as i do ever time i renew on the 27 th april i renewed my tax credits over the phone they wanted to know my partners work earnings from april 2011 till november 2011 as my partner lost his job is earnings of course were lower than we estimated as he only worked 8 months instead of 12 and we are now on jsa income based so we dont have to inform them of that income ,the lady was nice on the phone and she said dont phone no earlier that the 24th of may if you dont recieve a award notice IM worried we live on this money dont know if we will owe money or get more back or how long it usaul takes please give me some advice

Sorry but we can have no way of knowing if you are going to have an overpayment or underpayment based on the information you have given. There could be an overpayment of working tax credit if he received it and did not declare that he was no longer working and was receiving JSA. There could be an underpayment of child tax credit if his earnings were over estimated. Not knowing the earnings, the time periods or the elements of the award does not give us anything to advise on.

Unfortunately we cannot advise on timescales either - some people will get a new award notice relatively quickly and others will wait longer.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

his earnings estimate for that year april 2011 till april 2012 was 4032 and his actuall earnings from april till november when he finished work were 3032 and we phoned up as soon as he left work the same day

You can't remove posts. We (Site Team) can remove them but will only do so where compelling legal reasons exist or if there has been a breach of the forum rules.

Given your additional info, I can see no reason why you would have a recoverable overpayment. Even if they did not amend your award when they should have done, if you have provided the correct information of changes on the same day that they change occured, any overpayment arising from them not changing the award in a timely manner is not recovered.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

Anytime :-)