am i in big trouble

actonjon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all have been on ib for long time also dla

lost it 2009 but went to triburnial 2010 lost

reapplied 2011 lost again

and in 2011 hd a heart scare

heart reveal monitor fitted was told by gp etc re appleay for dla but was to ill ect lots other promlems etc mh

2010 i think the council rechecked by bennidts for council tax

brought all my dwp letters to show i was on ib

told them that dla going to triburnial

now today got a letter from the council WE have been notified by the dwp that your dla has ended

please provide us with the date that your dla award ended so that our records can be updated

am i in trouble for not letting them know i forgot still on long term ib

no just give them the date you will be fine.

eg. I have just been overpaid HB as they finally updated me with NIL income (they told me on phone wasnt tho).

so now I need to give them proof I got backdated IB and for them to correct it, I expect they will just give me a reduced payment next month to get the extra back and it will be fine after that.

whatever you do dont just ignore the letter as then you will be suspended.

they might think change in circumstance i am at fault

That may be the case, however I don't believe it will make any difference. They can not charge you with an offence if there is no relevant change in circumstances. They would only be relevant if they make a change.

One think that could be an issue is that if you received Middle rate care on DLA and was given allowance for 1 extra bedroom due to care needs. If thats not the case I don't believe there is an issue

no lost dla thats only thing still on incme support/ib long term 17 yrs but you know with the dwp/council once the get going its paperwork interviews i find the whole thing a worry have a dla form filled out the m/h workers did it never posted it

what rate and type of dla were you receiving

although dla is disregarded as an income for ctb purposes, you may get extra premiums because of it, for example, disability premium, severe disability premium, enhanced disability premium

if you have been receiving these premiums and should not have been, then you may have been overpaid benefit

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

oh dear i get income support /ib as follows on my letter

71.00 for you

30.35 because you are sick or disabled

15.00 for interest on a mortague

my benifet was stoped in 2010 because i was left some money but it was looked at and

they gave it back also back dated as it was a little amount

as long as you have continued to be in receipt of income support, then you are entitled to full council tax benefit

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

DLA doesn't count as income. Whilst it may give you premiums within benefits, they will not count it as income.

I don't think I understand what Worried33 is saying?

Worried33 is talking about single room rate restriction for LHA which applied to under 25s previously and now under 35s (claimant's who are entitled to severe disability premium are excluded from restriction)

However this is not relevant as Actonjon is only claiming CTB and not HB

phoned mind yesterday they are going to phone them thursaday i had a bennifet claim looked at in 2010 from the council got a letter back that they would continue to pay c t the case no is still the same as 2010 i was waiting on dla triburnial then lost it late 2010 but i put a new claim in lost that 2011 so i should have phoned and told them that i was not on dla but they knew that i also on is/ib long term as they had copies of my dwp award to is/ib