payment box on car!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Generally..things dont go wrong.....and no get out clause needed. Its a very effective system. It works both ways...it gets finance for people who would never get it and it gets the payments when theyre due...mostly.

That will be the companies get out clause taken care of when things do go wrong.

• 2 years later...

I will tell you what happens if you stall at traffic lights, you pray to god that you are very close to a traveller camp like we were, where a lovely bunch of Gypsies come running to push you to safety only moments before a lorry slams into you, With a two year old child and a disabled wife, its not exactly easy to jump out either.

We had the device fitted by a finance company, and I'm still looking to find out if its legal in the UK, we had never missed a payment but unknown to us, when we had typed one of the codes in it had not been received at the other end. My husband stalled at traffic lights on a 60 road, he could not start it at this point and been the only car at the traffic lights we could see a lorry heading towards us, luckily he was some way off, but clearly didn't realise we had broke down, despite the hazards because of bright sunlight, and he had a job trying to slow down, There was a traveller camp in a nearby field and whether it was their mind reading skills or intuition 3 lads came running and pushed us out of harms way only moments before the lorry would have hit us, we spent hours at their camp trying to calm ourselves, one of the lads removed this device for us, so we could get home and yes we admitted it to the company, who at first were going to pursue us for it, until we said we were considering suing them for endangering our life. They have since refitted it and now my wife wont get in the car, so I have a car that totally useless and a wife who is now housebound.

I am still trying to look into whether this is legal in the UK. if I ever find out it isnt I will be suing.

Dont ever opt for one of these, its more than your lifes worth and safer walking.

These devices are legal in the UK, if associated with a regulated hp agreement

However, should you miss a payment, they must issue you with a compliant default notice,

giving you 14 clear days to remedy, before being able to immobilise the car

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...