comet

hobby57
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad2:Hi anyone help me been trying to talk to anyone that has power at comet, have had a tv from them went wrong inside waranty had repair men out 4 times still not working as it should they replaced 2 new moduals still same then replaces one of them again this took 4 weeks now they say its got to go in for a new display am i in the rite to ask for a replacement TV or have i just stand with what they bull s--t me with if it goes away i will be without it for about 4weeks many thanks, hobb57a

Hi hobby

Thats outrageous, write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such, explain whats happened with dates, that they have let you down (it should have been replaced after a couple of visits), tell them you want it replaced within the next 7 days otherwise you will take them to the small claims court.

Send it to:-

Bob Darke, Managing Director

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you so much for your help i will email them now fingers crossed ... hobby

and ofcourse dont forget its nowt to do with warranty but SOGA

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/forcustomers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you all for your help just had a reply email from the directory and he says he has sent my complaint to get it investigated and we should hear from them in the next 3 days and also gave me a phone number not a call center a real number hehe,i will let you know how thing go from there .... hobby

Hi all just an up date lol sent director Bob Darke email telling him everything about what happend with dates names and everything, got and email dack same day giving me hope big joke they said the email had been to his office to be full invesigation with the endever to sort out in next 3 days and will be in touch with me,

So waited for the contact and like everything else they didnt ring so i again rang and the person who was dealing with was out to lounch, so after waiting 4 hours she rang me and just like before they said no chance of replacing it all we will do is mend it i said i will go through small claims court and the respone to that was thats up to you but it will take so long to sort out so in other words p--s off we dont want to know i have never delt with souch a helpless set of people ... many thanks all of you i dont know what to do now only wait for it to be mended witch could be anytime all to gether now 7 weeks and countinf ... hobby57

If you say "I will take you to court" you should follow through with this. Using it as an idle threat will make them see you as a soft touch.

In your place, my next step would be a 14 day LBA (good guide HERE) and then issue a court claim against them.

it is essential that you know "the sale of goods act" so also read this HERE

You could contact your credit card provider and tell them to do a "chargeback". Many of them lack knowledge about this so be persistent with them

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar