Very good friend -v- MBNA

Shelley181146
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've attached your transaction lists with my calculated balances handwritten on them.

I have worked back from the point where we have been given the first statement.

I have also attached a spreadsheet showing the position as I see it up to the point of the statement you provided.

I see that no interest was charged on any of the documents provided so I assume there was some sort of interest free deal? I have therefore set the interest rate to zero since of they did not charge any contractual interest then there is no contractual interest to come back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]51333[/ATTACH]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabresheep 7 CitizenB thank you for dropping in. Glad the media are finally accepting that the Banks are not paying what we deserve.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

I've attached your transaction lists with my calculated balances handwritten on them.

I have worked back from the point where we have been given the first statement.

I have also attached a spreadsheet showing the position as I see it up to the point of the statement you provided.

I see that no interest was charged on any of the documents provided so I assume there was some sort of interest free deal? I have therefore set the interest rate to zero since of they did not charge any contractual interest then there is no contractual interest to come back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]51333[/ATTACH]

:whoo::whoo::whoo: ims21 you are fantastic.

I have checked with my friend regarding the possible zero interest rate and they are 99.9% sure they were never on a zero interest plan, possibly because they usually paid the balance off each month it wouldn't incur any interest? Anyway, if they did incur interest on those months it only works out to be about £35 so not too drastic.

I have compared yours to mine and can see I went wrong for 2 months, hence my problems with the totals but at least I will know for future reference.

We've not had a response to our letter asking for the calculations sheets yet so a gentle reminder will be sent. Will keep you posted on the outcome and donation will be made as soon as full settlement is made.

So very grateful to you for your assistance.

Shelley

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

• 4 weeks later...

We sent a reminder to them by R/D prior to the May BH and it appears to have jogged them along. We have now received the calculation sheets.

However, bazaarly, the sheets only provide calculations between Jun 2000 - Apr 2014. If the account commenced 3 years earlier, then presumably, the PPI would have been paid? You wouldn't suddenly start paying PPI 3 years into the account. These clowns really are idiots.........

Suggestions would be appreciated - do I send another letter to MBNA pursuing further data and if so, would appreciate suggested letter. If not, should I write to ICO & FOS?

Shelley

Edited by Shelley181146
Correction

We sent a reminder to them by R/D prior to the May BH and it appears to have jogged them along. We have now received the calculation sheets.

However, bazaarly, the sheets only provide calculations between Jun 2000 - Apr 2014. If the account commenced 3 years earlier, then presumably, the PPI would have been paid? You wouldn't suddenly start paying PPI 3 years into the account. These clowns really are idiots.........

Suggestions would be appreciated - do I send another letter to MBNA pursuing further data and if so, would appreciate suggested letter. If not, should I write to ICO & FOS?

Shelley

Any suggestions folks?

Hi Shelley

A couple of quick points:

a) It is possible that your friend did start PPI a few years into the terms, as not always done on application. There was a time when it was thought perfectly acceptable (by MBNA) for an agent to sell this whenever they or your friend may have initiated a telephone call on an unrelated account matter such as a replacement card, query, etc.

b) Can you remind me re. your friend's DSAR request - how far did that go back in terms of information (six years?).

AMN

Hi Shelley

A couple of quick points:

a) It is possible that your friend did start PPI a few years into the terms, as not always done on application. There was a time when it was thought perfectly acceptable (by MBNA) for an agent to sell this whenever they or your friend may have initiated a telephone call on an unrelated account matter such as a replacement card, query, etc.

b) Can you remind me re. your friend's DSAR request - how far did that go back in terms of information (six years?).

AMN

The DSAR eventually went back to 2000 albeit they originally said they had only got info to 2002.

Shelley

Hi Shelley

I have seen a number of "Ombudsman's Decision's" (freely available from FOS site) which go into an unknown start date for PPI. The only conclusion from my recall on these is that these vary a bit over time on who's onus it is to prove PPI did or did not start at an earlier date than the firm purports. I would take the argument angle that it was highly unlikely to be surprisingly co-incidentally the earliest date that MBNA hold record back in time to...

Needless to say any (paper) evidence that it did occur earlier will not place MBNA's entire response in the best light, but this is presumably not readily available...

Hi AM,

My sentiments exactly.....highly co-incidental, but how do I squeeze MBNA further without having paper evidence 'other than the original application form which ticked the PPI'?