Looking for info on bringing wife to be to the UK.

Bang!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am going through the application process for Indefinate Leave to remain with Mrs Phaitun next week-

You have to show that you have known each other for 2 years, Photos, correspondence etc - evidence that you are legally married or intend to marry, therefore a marriage certificate or written confirmation of a planned ceremony in UK should suffice.

Money in bank or good assetts are accepted, they do ask for 12 months wage slips, however audited accounts should be fine if you recieve income from properties

12 months bank statements showing you can support your wife financially.

details of where you will live, rented, owned etc

details of any other income i.e from family, they may accept a guarantor as proof of non reliance on public funds

take out a private health insurance for your wife

Spouse Visa initially gives entry for 2 years as a spouse but can work in the UK, if your future wife has a job to go to this helps the application process.- you have to pay the visa fees for initial spouse visa, after the 2 years youthen have to apply for settlement - Indefinate Leave to Remain another set of fees.

During the first 2 years your wife will have to pass either the life in uk test or an ESOL Course and language test prior to applying for ILR, i beleive that all visitors and visa applicants now have to do a basic test at their country of residence also due to a change recently.

check out UKBA website there is a lot of information there as the rules change regularly.

Basically the Entry Clearance Officers are only concerned with a number of things when assesing the application

1. there will be no drain on public funds

2. you can support your wife financially or she gets a job to support herself and you

3. your residence is suitable for you both and any dependants

4. your wife has no convictions or other judgements in her country

5. there is a history of the realtionship prior to the visa application

there may be more needed but this is what i can remember.

Get ALL of your documentary evidence and photographs together in an indexed and ordered file and submit it via registered checking service in your wifes country. the more evidence the better.

Good luck

• Confused 1

I am fighting it all the way :-x