Friend Committing Benefit Fraud

stardust1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said in my post, i imagine people who work and pay tax who pay for those on benefits legitimately don't mind. yeah people who get benefits may have taxes taken too, last month, £440 tax was taken from my wages, primarily to pay for those whose choose not to work, i would of like to of spent that on my family, i worked for it. . how much in taxes do those who get benefits get taken from them ?

last month, £440 tax was taken from my wages, primarily to pay for those whose choose not to work,

Many people on benefits have no choice.

how much in taxes do those who get benefits get taken from them ?

Their tax allowance is the same as everyone elses. It depends on their situation.

Whenever you hear someone spurt "hard working people", invariably you know they are about to complain about someone unfortunate to be out of or unable to work.

To say that someone wants to live on well under £100 a week spending money in a country with an average salary of around £24,000, is a good sign that some people are so shallow they actually believe the tabloids or political scapegoating. The situation becomes far worse at times where there is high unemployment, and its blamed on the unemployed rather than there being no jobs.

There is pretty much a world wide recession presently, largely caused by america selling crap debt - yet from those employing the "hard working people" phrase, you would imaging the lack of jobs was being caused by a shower of lazy b@$tards!

OK - there are a tiny minority who screw the system - but its only the suckers who fall for political spin that see fit to blame the vast majority who are victims of circumstance.

Look here at this forum - in almost every debt case there has been ill health, the end of a relationship, or job loss/hour reductions. So its pretty amazing anyone who is a regular here, bothers to come here when the group is pretty much helping these people who are mainly no longer "hard working people".

In all the years I worked with staff beneath me - both in my own businesses - or for an employer - I would put the percentage of employees who were "hard working" at well under 10% - most employees just work.

So given the above, the next time you hear some accusation that features the virtues of "hard working people" - just remember - that the person claiming it has probably an IQ lower than the number of £ a single person gets in income related weekly benefit.

Edited by Bang!

There is something just not right with the initial post. To me it cries out vilification and scaremongering rather than having anything to do with real events.

Does anyone else harbour this suspicion?

There is something just not right with the initial post. To me it cries out vilification and scaremongering rather than having anything to do with real events.

Does anyone else harbour this suspicion?

No. LT is a VERY common type of fraud. Some know what they are doing & don't get caught. Others (as this forum shows) set themselves up & get caught out by sheer naivety & misunderstanding of the rules.

& by the way £24,000 will be a lot more than the wage of the vast majority of “crooks” who bother to spend their valuable time helping people on this forum earn.

Edited by jabba jones

Another contentious topic here, so I'd just like to give the standard reminder. While this forum isn't really about debating welfare issues, we accept that some discussion and disagreement is inevitable.

So let's all make sure we keep things civil.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I would agree with Bang, there is something not quite right with opening post and the interview at the council office when the alleged fraud was reported :) but the subject has sparked off four pages of banter.

Only one thing to add the majority of staff working at processing levels at BDCs earn well under 24k, more like 17 to 18k if you have worked there ten years

less if you came in after.....

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

I know I have led a sheltered life but am I the only person that would LOVE to earn 24k a year. I am amazed it's classed as an average wage. I presume they do mean literally wages & not income including benefits like tax credits?

Quite a huuuge amount of people work in places like Sainsburys/Tescos/lots of shops really, is it possible to earn 24k a year working on a till 40 hours a week? Just over 7 pounds an hour (& it took me 3 yrs there to get that) 53 weeks a year, I make that about 15k, just over, a year, before tax etc.

I feel that the minimum wage has a lot to answer for although it has benefitted those who were on very low wages it has effectively given employers the ability to offer lower wages than they might have done in more cases. years ago there was the oportunity for more people to negotiate their salary and for employers to have to offer more to get the right people, now they dont as they are all offering the same (I am talking about ordinary types of work, retail, careing eyc)

I am lucky in that I am not on minimum wage and earn more than 24k but I am lucky because of the type of work that I do, however i would say that I was earning more in effect in the 70's when there was no minimum wage.

There are cases though where the amount that some people (not all) can claim in benefits works out more than the people who are working can earn and I think that this is where the problem is, it is human nature to be jealous/feel its unfair etc, to have to work for 40 + hours to earn less than someone who dosnt work. i am not talking about people who are disabled and unable to work as they should be afforded as much protection and help as is needed, I am mainly speaking about those who choose not to work , and they are about, or people topping up their income by making false claims for benefits.

Its harsh when a couple are working full time for minimum wage and just keeping their heads above water because there are no benefits they can claim, when a person up the road not working can afford holidays, wide screen TV's etc prehaps thats where our benefit system goes wrong, I dont know its just a thought.

I may have gone slightly off topic with this but as previously said this posting has produced a lot of discussion and thats good its the way you learn and see other peoples thoughts and ideas.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I work for JCP and my partner works in the private industry we have children and between us we don't earn £24k, I have been part of the civil service for 18 years now.

I previously posted a thread similar to this and was absolutely slated because I admitted that not only do I report suspisions of fraud whilst at work but I also report fraud that I know of in my own personal life.

Do I have any qualms about well, no, as those who are knowingly committing fraud are (in my own opnion) no better than a serial thief or a mugger.

If people only claimed what there is a legal and right entitlemnt to and I also include the people who are unaware of what they could claim for in this statement then maybe the benefits could be paid at a fairer or more humane amount.

Yes I do report and would encourage anyone if they are certain that someone is "stealing from the public purse" to report their suspisions.but not if it is malicious.

If people only claimed what there is a legal and right entitlemnt to and I also include the people who are unaware of what they could claim for in this statement then maybe the benefits could be paid at a fairer or more humane amount.

Agreed. The system is such a mine field. So much so, that unless you really know what you're doing, it's not surprising that people commit fraud like they do. (I am not condoning fraud; just stating my opinion)

Hopefully, universal credit will make this much harder and mean people won't find it so hard to know what they're entitled to.

I'd love to know where those average earnings come from. I've lived in a huge city down South and I'm now in a small town in the Midlands, and they're too high for the southern city and pretty much laughable for where I am now.

Maybe if they tell us we're well off enough times, we'll start to believe it. :smile:

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Is this thread still going? :shock:

History lesson 101

Why are we not living under the feudal system where your Lord and master owns your life?

Welcome the black death! Nasty little thing created wages for the common unwashed folk.

Was this accepted? See demise of the church 16th Century ! Lovely bunch of lads!

More modern day and the welfare state 1945;

Depression, war loads of well trained battle hardened youth with easy access to weapons. Womans rights and the total collapse of UK society was not far off.

Churchill was still WWI Attlee said give em the welfare state as compensation. (That BCC prog World at War quote from actual speach)

Did they like it (see Black Death) did they have a choice? No!

Why? Because we were tooled up n ready to go!

The Nazis for the most part were fought by partisan Communists/Anarchist forces (For Whom the Bell Tolls is a good book) the USA didn't like this neither did the Russians (see what happened in the Prague uprising) and post 45 Greece. The UK suppressed/wiped out till 49 on US orders the populist Greek communist resistance movements.

Welcome to modern Europe!

Strange how the words from the gates of the death camps built by the Nazis "Work is Good" is now the mantra for the "modern Welfare state" in the UK?

before I lost my job this year I was on £6 an hour and had to travel 165miles round trip each day for that! I am an experianced driver with an ADR licence as well as a professional driving licence and digi card and am now on £67.50 JSA a week to feed 3 of us so yes report them, we can not get any other help so have no idea who says being unemployed is great as you get all sorts of handouts! where? Any government whoever they are do not care

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

nope,got debts that's about it! my stepdaughter lives with us and she is also on JSA but we do not take money from her, think she is classed as a non dependant,wife not entitled to any benefits and does not/can not work,we get partial housing and council tax benefit

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019