Re: Comet, terrible service, miss delivery 3 times, messy system

kkelly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a Baumatic Dishwasher from Comet on 30th January and was told that delivery would direct from Baumatic within 28 days. Called Comet Customer Service on 28th February to ask when the dishwasher would be delivered and was told 'no idea - the manufacturer will call you'! I ended up having to call Baumatic to be told they had advised Comet weeks ago that the product was out of stock! Comet were still selling the dishwasher despite knowing it was out of stock and they couldnt fulfil the order within 28 days. The dishwasher was supposed to arrive on Monday 5th March and I duly waited only to be told the van has broken down. Delivery re scheduled for Tuesday at 8am - no one turned up. Delivery re-scheduled for Tuesday at 6pm - and the driver turned up at 3.30pm and dumped the dishwasher in my neighbours hallway as he said he couldnt wait any longer! I wasted two days off work and not even a sorry from Baumatic, just a dismissive letter from Comet telling me to read the T&C's on their website about purchasing items for delivery that may or may not be in stock or be delivered by Third parties etc etc. They are quick to take your money but not so good at apologising for costing you money. I for one will never purchase another item from Comet again. Customer Service - complete joke.

Hi kk

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Bob Darke, Managing Director

bob.darke@comet.co.uk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Done that twice - got a letter back stating their terms and conditions (which dont match those in store or on their website). Bascially advised that Comet dont have a compensation policy and that is that. The fact I wasted two days waiting for delivery apparently is acceptable to Comet.

Hi KK

If you can get all the info regarding their 'T & C's together from the store and website as well as what they've sent you, lodge a complaint with ASA, send them copies. Once you've done that also lodge a complaint with Trading Standards.

http://www.asa.org.uk/

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Done that twice - got a letter back stating their terms and conditions (which dont match those in store or on their website). Bascially advised that Comet dont have a compensation policy and that is that. The fact I wasted two days waiting for delivery apparently is acceptable to Comet.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear allReceived a call from the 'Director's' office apologising for their lack of communication and failure to liaise with the Manufacturer regarding delivery issue. They also apologised for continuing to sell an item on their website knowing it was out of stock! I have been offered £25 compensation as a good will gesture, which although I was loathed to accept, I felt that any further dealings with Comet would be more frustrating and costly! All I can say is beware of this company! Once they have your money the customer service is non existant. Just hope the product doesnt let me down as I fear I will receive no service from Comet. KK