Ge Capital / Santander Storecards PPI - PRE Jan 2005 - Any Successes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Has anyone successfully claimed back their PPI insurance from Santander Cards for storecards taken out with mis-sold PPI through GE Capital prior to 2005? The cards in question are BHS and River Island, but I imagine that it is the smae situation regardless of the actual store?

Thanks, Dan & Jayne

if you've got all the statements go for it.

if not SAR GE or santy

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm waiting for their SAR response at the mo - I'll be going after them if they dig up any paperwork. They've still got three weeks to respond.

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, we had originally requested the statements, but not a full SAR.

When we sent in the complaint, we used the standard FOS claim form and have now received a response.

Santander didn't make any comment about it being GE Capital and them not having been regulated, and have said that we can write to FLA.

What is interesting is that they could find a copy of the River Island application form but not the BHS form. They have included a copy of the form as evidence stating that my wife ticked the box (although the box had been electronically crossed) and so she had opted in. They also claim there was no requirement for them to record their sales processes at the time. In addition to this, her occupation is shown as self employeed, which they have typed into the form, so would clearly have been aware of the inappropriate nature of the cover.

Any suggestions as to what we should do next? Should we still do a SAR for the first form or work on the basis that they cannot provide a copy?

If it helps I can scan and attach a copy of the letter and application form?

Thanks, Dan and Jayne

Sounds like a pre-ticked affair to me.....a lot of these cards appear to have had boxes ticked by the shop or lender and not by the applicant.

So this response you have had is with regard to a PPI claim....is it their final response?

If so you can still challenge them direct over it alternatively you could call fos and start the complaints process going with the authorities.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi IMS, they have stated that it is their final response, so I guess going back to them will just result in going round in circles.

Do I still need to SAR them to get the BHS application form, or should I accept that they haven't got it? The account is still live. Are the FOS a better option than the FLA?

Thanks as always for your advice.

Hi

You don't actually need the agreement...if the applicant was self employed then the policy would have been useless anyway.

Of the "official" bodies I would always start with fos.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

• 2 weeks later...

GE Capital were fined £610,000 for systematic miss-selling of PPI's by FSA in approx 2007.....

I am helping an elderley gent with his Debenhams Storecard around 2003/4...HAVE to SAR them too although fact of PPI is on Monthly statements ...but chance of getting premiums back is high as they are 'well known' by FSA....Santander bought GE Capital so I guess one would have to contact them

Also read the Storecard that was upgraded to Credit Card...is also GE Capital and case was won by one of our Caggers

hope this helps...it is FSA Register for Authorised and Registered Firms...Address for everything

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmMainSearch.do?pageNumber=1&firmName=escape(escape(GE%20Capital))&postcodeOut=&postcodeIn=&searchType=1&currAuthorisedInd=

m2ae

just playing Dx...

:-)

Edited by means2anend

HI

To answer your question. I have not come across anyone who has got beyond the stage I am at , have a read of my thread, but in summary I complained to Santander , who did not uphold and also said it was pre 2005 so not signed up to FSA. On advice on FOS complianed to the underwriter, who referred me back to Santander. It is back with FOS and is with an adjudicator.

I have read many threads on here and on MSE and have not come across anyone who has got beyond this point. I think FOS may be doing a test case, but as I have not been allocated an adjudicator yet, I cant get an answer as to what they are doing. I have seen examples of people who have been at this stage for several years.

Still worth making a complaint , even if you have to go through the same process.

Have a look at my thread which is about two store cards pre 2005.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?323576-Santander-PPI-on-Debenhams-Store-Card&highlight=WFLOSS

Good luck

Regards

W

Thank you for the update everyone, I don't know if it makes a difference, but in Santander's final response, they did not make any reference to the cards having been taken out prior to 2005 and that they were unregulated at the time. Would it help if I posted a copy of the letter?

Dan

Hi,

Has anyone successfully claimed back their PPI insurance from Santander Cards for storecards taken out with mis-sold PPI through GE Capital prior to 2005? The cards in question are BHS and River Island, but I imagine that it is the smae situation regardless of the actual store?

Thanks, Dan & Jayne

Have look at this see if it applies to your circumstances

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309207-Debenhams-Store-Card-PPI-***Urgent-Help-Required*******&p=3738900&viewfull=1#post3738900

...and investigate it as part of your LETTER OF CLAIM ...not any appeal...I may do it if the facts show there was concealed commissions being paid

I had a store card through GE Capital, I'm 99% sure it was pre 2005!

I made a claim for the return of "sold over the phone" PPI, last year. To give them their dues, Santander dealt with my claim very quickly, and I got all my money back plus a bit extra.

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

i ahve a claim with fos for laura ashley card , its currently at the stage where its being referred to the unwriter, After a conversation with FOS its almost as if they feel its a waste of time and we have no recourse, I wonder does anyone know where the legal test case is at at the moment?

i also have a russel and bromley card with santander and a john lewis card which will fall into this pre 2005 black hole, I am surprised the press havent clicked yet

i ahve a claim with fos for laura ashley card , its currently at the stage where its being referred to the unwriter, After a conversation with FOS its almost as if they feel its a waste of time and we have no recourse, I wonder does anyone know where the legal test case is at at the moment?

i also have a russel and bromley card with santander and a john lewis card which will fall into this pre 2005 black hole, I am surprised the press havent clicked yet

Hi

Which legal test case are we talking?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hmm...not sure of any test case that fos would be bringing...still WFLOSS may come and update us

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Why is it that only Santander Cards appear to be taking this stance, and how are they able to get away with ducking the issue, while all the other companies seem happy enough to pay up? Surely GE Capital weren't the only unregulated company pre 2005???

i am actually surprised that the press hasnt clicked on to the fact that there are loopholes there and big boys like Santander are getting away with it. I may be a little naive but surely the PPI collected by santander on these cards should be paid back if eligible when they took over the cards