Please help - Direct Accident Management Limited Third part claims

wiosna30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I hope that someone will able to help me.

My husband had an accident

–not his fault, the other driver left his car on the driveway not using a hand brake and his car hit ours,

not big damage: broken lamp and bumper but always something.

We didn’t call our Insurance Company (we have fully compass) as we don’t want to involve them.

From the past we know that if was your fault or not yours, claim is claim

– always after your next quotation is incredible high.

We sent email to Direct Accident Management Limited asking for help.

In next one hour we had a call back so we explained everything,

and they said they are happy to take our case.

We are just worried if this really won’t cost us anything.

We don’t have experience with that kind of companies,

they said that we will pay only fully refundable deposit for car hire and anything else.

Now there is a contract they asked us to sign before they start to work on our case.... we don’t know if sign or not.

There are a lines in the contract which looks quite scary to us.

The letter/ Agreement is from Armstrong solicitors,

which has been choose by Direct Accident Management Limited

“ If you win your claim, you pay our basic charges, our disbursements and a success fee.

You are entitled to seek recovery from your opponent of part or all of our basic charges,

our disbursements, a success fee and insurance premium as set out in the document

" what you need to know about CFA"

And on terms and condition is very clear:

" If ypu win your case, either wholly or in part, we will require the thitd party or his. her insurance company to pay our fees and disbursements. If we are unable to recover all of your costs and disbursements from the third party we will advise you as soon as practically possible by letter." - This means that if something hapened we need to pay all or part fees. And after we can see all fees like £250/ hr for 8 years post-qualification experience...

We don’t want to be surprised after receiving bill to pay for some extra fees or something else.

We are really lost and stressed out, don’t know what we should do now.....need some suggestions here

I agree, don't use the claims management company in through your insurers as they will act in the role of the cmc without additional fees. One thing to be wary of is your insurers finding out about the claim and bumping up your premiums!!

Feebee_71

There's nothing to stop you going to the third party insurer direct, accident management companies are ok, there are loads out there some good, some bad. regardless of the situation you need to let your insurer know, they will find out, either from your accident management company asking questions (such as legal funding) or the third party insurer. The CFA is standard, backside covering stuff.

• 10 months later...

Hello, someone just reared-ended me when I was at stationary. The garage I went to for a quotationI suggested to go with Accident management co., I wonder if you did choose such companies to solve your case. Were you satisfied?

Thanks

Hello, someone just reared-ended me when I was at stationary. The garage I went to for a quotationI suggested to go with Accident management co., I wonder if you did choose such companies to solve your case. Were you satisfied?

Thanks

Are you injured? If so I would use a solicitor not some dodgy accident management company.

• 2 months later...

For anybody considering Direct Accident Management, please read this person's experience: http://insurancecompanyreview.co.uk/insurancereviews/direct-accident-management/ .Obviously, this is just one person't experience but it's worth looking at. I haven't been able to find much other first hand experience of them other than what is listed in this forum.