Response from Minicredit about FOS complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK this is interesting - I received a text this morning which reads:-

Have you been overcharged by mini credit? Call us today on 0161 850 ****. We will be able to waive charges for you.

Sounds like its a [problem] on top of a [problem] !!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opus are their collecting agency, wonder if the OFT are leaning on them after all the complaints.

Would not touch this with a 100 foot bargepole.

Report it to the OFT as clearly they are trying to get information they are not entitled to via the back door.

OK this is interesting - I received a text this morning which reads:-

Have you been overcharged by mini credit? Call us today on 0161 850 ****. We will be able to waive charges for you.

I would be tempted to call them and say you want your loan written off to take into account all of the distress you have been caused by the threats and if they dont agree say you are willing to see them in Court where you will demand higher damages!

ACCOUNT DORMANT

• 3 weeks later...

OK I got a letter now from a company called DRS - (Debt Recovery Services).

It states.

Amount Due £460.00

FINAL NOTICE OF INTENT

We have been advised by Opos Limited that you have refused to make repayment or agree a suitable repayment plan on your account despite them being unaware of any reasonb you may have for avoidiong this matter.

We are therefore left with no alternative but to consider your account for recovery of the outstanding balance through your local County/Sherrif Court. Court fees and solicitors costs will be added to the balance for which you are liable, plus statutory interest, which will accrue at a rate of 7% P.A above base whereby the following action will be considered up receipt of Judgment/Decree:-

* Arrestment/Attachment of your earnings at your place of employment.

* Securing monie owed via an Inhibition/Charge order against your property.

We trust that you will now give this matter your full attention and remit to ourselves the full balance outstanding within 7 days of receipt. Unfortunately, should you choose to ignore this document then proceedings, if instigated, will be done so without further notice.

We recommend that you take this opportunity to resolve the issue. Should you wish to discuss this matter further you must contact us within 7 days of receipt on 0844 372 2459.

-------

Anyone got any suggestions as to my next move? I havent contacted DRS yet & Opos havent attempted to contact me at all.

Normal threat o gram. Ignore it.

We are therefore left with no alternative but to consider your account for recovery

Also

We trust that you will now give this matter your full attention and remit to ourselves the full balance outstanding within 7 days of receipt. Unfortunately, should you choose to ignore this document then proceedings, if instigated, will be done so without further notice.

We recommend that you take this opportunity to resolve the issue. Should you wish to discuss this matter further you must contact us within 7 days of receipt on 0844 372 2459.

Yay for more breaches of OFT regulation on debt collecting.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you could advise them the matter is in the hands of the FOS and as such your account should not have been passed onto them by minicredit/OPUS

Very true. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency could be apt here. Edited of course.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Get that letter to the OFT/Trading Standards and the FOS, it is completely wrong in several aspects

1. You can prove otherwise that you have tried to negotiate with Opus and they have not responded

2. There is an alternative, they accept your offer!

3. Statutory interest is 8%..not 7% above base (given their base is about 14500%) so they are not quoting the Statue law in this at all....

4. How many times have you already offered them what you can afford and asked for communication to be in writing, as is your right.

Get that out to the above mentioned authorities mentioning these 4 breaches....

• 2 weeks later...

I've had an email from OPOS now saying that if I can pay £230 by 29/6/12 that they will consider this full and final settlement. I dont have £230. However they have actually given me their bank details so at least I can now set up a standing order & start paying them something.

I'm going to contact them & inform them of this & ask if they will accept £230 over a few months, what do you reckon my chances are of them agreeing?

It might be a good idea to send one of the site admits the bank details. That way if they try and get tough with other people, at least a payment can be made.

Pm one f the regular site team or you can just mail it to the regular admin address.

Just tell OPOS the amount of the debt you admit to owing and tell them thats all you will pay and if they want more ask them for a final decision letter and take them to the FOS. Remember everytime someone takes OPOS or Minicredit to the FOS they have to pay a non refunable £500 fee for the Ombudsman to investigate, Regardless of if you win or loose they do not get the money back, so if 10 people took OPOS or Minicredit to the FOS they would have to pay £5000 in charges, if 50 people took them to the FOS they woul have to pay £50,000. So as you can see they dont want to be paying out such sums of money Stick to your guns and do not pay them anything more than you admit to

I'm happy to pay £230 - just not all at once. BTW I've had the OK from an admin here to post bank details for OPOS so here they are, I hope they are some use to someone.

Bank - RBS

Account name - Opos Ltd

Sort Code - 83-07-06

Account Number - 10526682

Remember to include your Opos/Minicredit reference number with any payment so they can identify who sent it.

OK Now I've had a letter from DRS saying

(RED LETTERS) Notice of site visit

We have received no response to our previous requests for payment of £460.00 on the above mentioned account.

We have been asked to evaluate your file for transfer to a Doorstep Collection Agent with the intention to visit you at your premises within 14 days in order to recover the above outstanding amount including costs and to assess you at your property.

It is not too late to avoid this action and even at this stage we are prepared to assist you in resolving this matter. To do so please call now on 0844 372 2459. you can also make immediate payment by credit or debit card via our automated payment line by calling 0844 557 8321.

I'm really confused and angry now. Is Opos or DRS handling this now? I've set up a standing order to pay Opos. Should I not be doing this if DRS are now handing it again? And now I also have to worry about them calling at my house again. :-(

Very angry & upset at them now, they are causing so much stress I'm losing sleep.

Dont worry about them. SEnd the doorstep letter and make sure to file a complaint with the oft.

If they do come to your house, tell them to get lost. If they refuse to leave, then call the police.

Most likely the same people. Just different name. In reality you should only be paying the person who owns the debt. Not a DCA.

I doubt the ombudsman would do this, since its covered under the DPA.